ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Trophy Bonnet Stuck

182 Trophy, Octavia vRS
Okay,

So me and some friends were fitting the Maxogen induction kit and had to stop part way through as it was getting a bit dark and we need a smaller socket tool which we didn't have.

The problem I have is the bonnet refuses to now open after it was closed. I let it shut as normal then went to open it with the passenger side lever, this felt totally slack with no tension..... you can also just about pull the release catch at the front but this does nothing. Tried pulling both the release and the lever inside at the same time... tried trying to push the bonnet shut further, tried pulling everything but it won't budge
icon_evil.gif

The other problem is as the battery is not connected and the or the air filter I can't even move the car anywhere so i'm totally stuck, any ideas please
icon_eek.gif

Many thanks,

Andy

Cable to the release mechanism sounds like it has snapped fella. There was a thread on here where someone had found a way to open it without damaging the front grill etc. Try the search function.

182 Trophy, Octavia vRS
Yeh sounds like that it may as it has no tension and the bonnet seems flush shut.. if anyone knows the thread about opening it let me know :)

I'll have a look around

Cheers,

Andy