ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 standard wheel arch gap?

BLACK FF CLIO 182
Hey everyone im a new member to this forum,

Just wondering whats the standard wheel arch gap (from the wheel arch to the top of the rim, in cm preferably) for a clio 182 ff, I have ktec coil overs fitted on mine and theres about an inch gap on the front and half an inch on the back!

I want to re-higher them becoz im hearing a slight knock noise from the nearside front over small bumps in the road!

cheers!

I very much doubt the knock is down to the ride height. Its most probably a worn ball joint, or other supsension/steeing component not related to your lowering kit. I have 182 FF and I can estimate from what you've said (my car's not parked level ATM, so cannot measure) that you are probably down about 20mm front and 30mm back... very roughly.

EDIT - blooming hell! you say an inch (front).. from the RIM??? that is low! Are you sure???

Last edited:
  BLACK FF CLIO 182
I have checked all the suspension items everything is fine and I have lowered quite low im considering to re higher it too see if it goes away seeing as this only takes about 15 mins to do! I will try find a pic!

BLACK FF CLIO 182
The rear looks quite low in these pics must be lower than i originally thought!

Front
20140813_215935.jpg

Rear
20140813_215942.jpg

BLACK FF CLIO 182
Noise was cured when I rasied the suspension!

The gap from the arch to the top of the rim from a standard clio 182 are,,

osf-125mm
nsf-126mm
osr-123mm
nsr-121mm

Ahh, that's better.

Looking at the pics, that is the same arch gap all the way around (front picture) - which was the same as my Clio when it had Eibach Sportlines, I believe they give a 25-35mm drop - so there's your answer :).