ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Rough Idle/Driving and hesitates while accelerating

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I've been reading all kinds of threads on this forum and it has really helped my over the last year. I need some assistance because I could not find any threads similar to my situation.

My current situation:
  • Took my car in to a panel beater to repair a broken mirror and a few dents and scratches
  • Got the car back after two weeks (yesterday)
  • The idling and acceleration is hesitant and rough
  • Everything was perfect before I took the car in and I even have a dyno sheet not older than three months where the engine peaks at 137 KW at the flywheel
  • I do have a OBD2 reader (Innovate LM2) that is able to display the engine parameters while I'm driving and I noticed that my Spark Advance spikes from time to time and it seems to be the reason behind the roughness/hesitation.
  • I had a quick look at my sensors for loose wires and then the vacuum system for loose pipes
  • Found a disconnected bottle cap with a vacuum pipe and sensor in it at my right front wheel
Questions:
  • Does anyone know what the bottle is for?
  • Where the second hose connected to the bottle side from the bottle goes?
  • Where the third connector at the top goes? It is current open and without a pipe.
  • Could it be something else that they might have damaged or disconnected?
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Paul

That bottle thingy will be the carbon cannister and the hoses are to do with it also.

Running problems could be lambda sensor related, Pre cat

Thanks for the response.

I unplugged the vacuum hose and plugged my intake manifold. Seems to have solved my issue when the car is at normal temps.
The voltage on my Lambda sensor seems fine and doesn't fluctuate too much. Stays between .125 and .7 Volts
Only issue now is it still sounds like an old beetle boxer engine when it's cold, I'll get Renault to do a diagnostic scan.

Followup on my original post.

I managed to solve the issue while trying more things that I read on the forum. Checked the resistance on anything that could be compared to 'n manual I found for a 172 (Close on some instances), also cleaned all the connectors whilst testing.

End of the day I remembered a post where a user mentioned that you could short-circuit the + and - cables going to the car AFTER you unplug the battery (this is supposed to reset the ECU) ... it worked and my car idles and drives like a dream again. Engine should be at 146 HP (109 KW) at the wheels and I'm 1700 meters above sea level, which is not bad at that altitude :cool: