ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 pop and bang

Clio 182
Looking for my standard clio to pop and bang, not bothered about wasting petrol or anything before any of you say just looking for someone to tell me exactly what I need to get/do, thanks.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Over time it will destroy your engine. Kiss your valves, and the innards of your exhaust (including lambda sensors) goodbye.

If despite this you still want to go ahead, I suggest looking at RS Tuners, the overrun map is what you're after.

Clio 182
Over time it will destroy your engine. Kiss your valves, and the innards of your exhaust (including lambda sensors) goodbye.

If despite this you still want to go ahead, I suggest looking at RS Tuners, the overrun map is what you're after.
Ano ya just trying to be helpful mate cheers, think I'm daft enough to get it done anyway

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I've ran the pops and bangs map for a long while and hasn't damaged anything yet, yeah might cause damage but are we talking 50k down the line? Mines quite subtle with a few pops on over run, not like the early versions where it would go nuts driving to the shops at 30mph, only comes on above 5k and even then it's only the odd pop.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I looked at this when I remapped mine a few weeks ago, I was sort of tempted, but decided on just the Ron98 map, I am really pleased, in an ideal world it would be lovely to be able to switch between the 2 maps at the touch of a button, be fun to have the pop map every now and again without having to remap, something like a normal and sport mode type thing...

Willo

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I looked at this when I remapped mine a few weeks ago, I was sort of tempted, but decided on just the Ron98 map, I am really pleased, in an ideal world it would be lovely to be able to switch between the 2 maps at the touch of a button, be fun to have the pop map every now and again without having to remap, something like a normal and sport mode type thing...

Willo
IIRC you'd have to have 2 ECUs to do it with the standard ECU, and switch all the connections between the two.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
IIRC you'd have to have 2 ECUs to do it with the standard ECU, and switch all the connections between the two.
I assume so, bit technical for me, but I wouldn't think the standard ECU could hold 2 programmes, but I am not really sure, just be nice to have the choice for a bit of fun....

Willo

Looking for my standard clio to pop and bang, not bothered about wasting petrol or anything before any of you say just looking for someone to tell me exactly what I need to get/do, thanks.

If its standard then you will need a decat minimum. If it also has standard cat back, then the way these rust the first bang will probably make the stock exhaust explode! You want a decatted stainless system to make this work really and even then would likely attribute to engine damage.