ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 pistons

182 gordini
I would like to know, how much hp`s are stock pistons capable of(turbo) if compression ratio is lowered to around 9.0:1 with thicker gasket. Are pistons from 225 engine stronger or are just made in 9.0:1 C/R.

tnx

ITB'd MK1
you'd have to run a massively thick headgasket to achieve that. Roughly 3.5mm off the top of my head. Pistons are the biggest weakness in the F4Rt about 300bhp is the absolute limit, and thats pushing it a little.

you can go to about 240bhp, turbo'd, on stock pistons with stock compression if mapped well, more with a supercharger due to less cyliinder heat

182 gordini
i am pointing in a range of 260-270hp, just like 225 engine with map done, and try to lower c/r with gasket as much as posible, to be save...should i forget about it, or is it posible to run that kind of setup?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
If you think it costs alot to do personally I would not bother doing it, you need to consider running costs and when it goes wrong/bang you will need to spend more money.