ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 p/x price shocker - £4,000.. eek

Shhh
Went to look at a 55 plate megane, 1.6 16v 5dr thing. Price was £5990.

Was offered £4000 p/x..

Clio is a 2004 '04' Racing Blue Clio 182, with both cup pack. FRSH. Long MOT & Tax.

Not many dealers will touch it, as it had the clocks changed by Renault in 2004.

Might have to chop it in at renault, like to see them knock me down because they changed the speedo..

Not a nice price, but its what its worth...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Whats the mileage on the 182? Seems like a fairly standard sort of price at the moment.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Nightmare, suppose one thing of having digital dials. Shame they can't reprogram the new set to read from the old mileage.

How many miles was it on when the new dials were put in and what is it on now?

The new scenics etc can be reprogrammed with the correct mileage, unfortunatly the older units cannot be reprogrammed, get the dealer who did it to write you a letter to prove the change was carried out.
Incidently any renault dealer will be able to see on the system that a instrument change was carried out.

www.renparts.co.uk
The new scenics etc can be reprogrammed with the correct mileage, unfortunatly the older units cannot be reprogrammed, get the dealer who did it to write you a letter to prove the change was carried out.
Incidently any renault dealer will be able to see on the system that a instrument change was carried out.

you can change any renault one, not sure about the dealer though.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Tell me about it. I got offered £4200 for my wife's 54 reg 182 with 63k on last month! Have tried to sell it privately but just got stupid offers so looks like we're stuck with it!

Shhh
Speedo was replaced due to a cruise control indication problem. Really is a pain when i have to explain why it was changed.

Unsure if i have to declare it, unless asked.

Next stop is renault as a p/x, id like them to give me a reduced price because of the speedo. This would be discrimination.?

tiTTy & SV650
Speedo was replaced due to a cruise control indication problem. Really is a pain when i have to explain why it was changed.

Unsure if i have to declare it, unless asked.

Next stop is renault as a p/x, id like them to give me a reduced price because of the speedo. This would be discrimination.?

can you get a digital mileage correction done?

If the mileage on the guage is relatively correct I wouldnt worry about telling anyone, if it's drastically under then obviously its going to make people ask questions

Shhh
good news, well expected news.

This morning they rang me back, and said they can offer me £4500 on the car. This is good as we had a exchange figure of £1250, which puts us into negotiation teritory.

Working the mileage out this morning, ive covered 9,000miles since march i think..

:)

Shhh
this is what i was asking myself last night, and this morning.

If they did not ask, i should of not told them. Tbh i dont think i could of done with the hassle if they found out, and tried to get another £500-600 from me before handing over the car.

Deals not done yet, depends if they drop down anymore, or throw in 12 months warranty free.