ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 not running properley

Hi iv got a clio 182. And i carnt find out why it will not run properley.
It ticks over ok but when im driveing it it bogs at between 3 and 4k rpm then it just kicks and go's
Iv put new plugs, ht leads , coil pack, and new labas on the car and i still carnt find out what it is.
I woud be greatfull if any one had any ideas of what it coud be??
Sorry about the spelling. Lol.
Thanks.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Sounds similar to a timing issue I had on my trophy, absolutely nothing between 3-4k rpm then everything at once.

182cup & 172 racecar
All the time?,just in the mornings? when it's cold? when it's damp?

It might help to narrow it down a little.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
ah! my 182 did this, it was a frayed throttle body cable according to a renault garage, it kept shorting out. no idea how much it would be to fix as i did my own repair (as i'm an electrician) but this was the issue i found.

my problems started exactly as yours did and eventually the throttle stopped responding completely :(

luckily a short bit of multi-core cable from the ecu straight to the throttle body (instead of all around the engine bay) sorted it out

Iv just pluged it in and its comeing up 02 sensor bank1 so im takeing it that its the front lamba sensor.
Coud this be to do with haveing a sports cat?

Swaped it and it seems ok and the light has stayed off. But this is my 2nd sensor in 6weeks. I wonder if i woud gain if i got rid of the sports cat and got a de-cat??