ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 No 5k kick??

clio 182, bmw 320d
Hi Guys

Just on my way home and my clio feels really flat compared to usual. There is also no 5k kick like normal.

There is no engine lights on either?

any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kris

clio 182, bmw 320d
Quick update

all sorted now. maybe bit of a coincidence but yesterday put some sainsburys fuel instead of the usual v-power.

just ran it down to the light and filled up with v-power and went for a quick drive.

after about 20mins all back to normal

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
How much fuel did you put in from Sainsburys? You 've done well to run it down in less than an hour, unless you put a tenner in. Does anyone even do that anymore? A tenner gets me about 40 miles!

Listerine & Poledo
A tank of "regular" doesn't hurt, but it can take the ECU a couple of tankfuls of premium to remember how 98+ RONs work.
Also, you get a bit more MPG, which makes the 5p difference worthwhile.. in facft, it more than pays for itself..... or you get a little bit more top-end fizz, let your foot decide :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I get no difference in mpg between Sainsbury's super and vpower... My two local fuel stations.

That said, I don't think there's any difference in the performance either.

Vpower is just supposed to have more lube and cleaners than other brands. And since lube is always a bonus, regardless of what it's going on... I use vpower.

Listerine & Poledo
RON's are the most important bit, everything else is just marketing.
If anyone's THAT bothered about the condition f their engine innards, hit it with some redex every so often and be sure to "engine flush" when doing oil changes*

*: Unless you buy into the scares of engine flush bricking engines. Sure, it has happened, but I'll bet the car hadn't seen as much as an oil change since it ran out of warranty.

clio 182, bmw 320d
iv always used v-power. just been that busy recently let the fuel get a bit low and nearest station was sainsburys.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I always use Sainsbury's super 97RON and the car's just a quick as other 1*2s that are only ran on V Power, if I have to put normal unleaded in the car runs like sh*t, but that's to be expected having a 98RON map.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I have 98ron map. I mainly put shell vpower in but sometimes have to put normal stuff in if I'm desperate.
Can tell the difference between the two.
I only ever put £10 in mine lol but it does about 4 miles a day.