ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - JVC Headunit

172 + 350z
So I am getting a little tired of having to change CDs etc and for some reason the radio tuner in the car isn't great.
Looking at putting my JVC head unit in and was hoping for some help and advice. I have bought the adapter I need but when I took the headunit out I suddenly thought will need a steering wheel adapter and also one for the reading in the little screen if this is possible?
Also how easy is this to do, sure I read somewhere you have to take the dash out which surely can't be true?

Thanks for any help

CursedTitanium 182FF
It mostly straight forward, just a little fiddly. Depending on how many wires you have on the back of the head unit, if you have a few, then it's just the task of trying to fit them all down the back of the unit so there is room to push it all the way in.
You don't need to remove the whole dash, just the top part, which will make the wire stuffing a bit easier. Here is a link to the Dash Guide: http://www.cliosport.net/content/gui..._dashboard.pdf
MT Audio on here can sell you the correct steering wheel adaptor for your head unit, look him up in the Traders section.

Clio 182
if you get a connects2 adapter its plug and play, if you go for autoleads its top dash off to back of clock, best best with connects2, i got a similar one off mtaudio - works a treat

I don't know if it will be the same as my sony but I bought the connecrs2 stalk adapter. ..the stalk controls work fine but the dash display doesn't give track info etc...just the word Renault. ..
Not a major think but worth knowing
Andy

Clio 182
dont know if there is a version that transmits track/station info to the top display - never cam across one it my time, but could be wrong. generally stalk adapters just read renault and clock/temp, without its just clock/temp. There are ways to customise what the display reads, there are threads on here covering it, but not had the time to investigate futher