ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Flashing Engine Warning Light And Lumpy Idle

RB 182 FF
Hi guys I've done the searches but I want to tell my situation... Within the last 6 months I've had new plugs, magnecor leads, and a new coil pack. Today the car developed lumpy idle and the engine light started flashing, as I kept driving it went off and seemed to run ok at higher revs, would the experts on here suggest replacing the injectors as that's my hunch feeling... I'm about to do a Euro trip so I think replacing all the injectors is a good idea, anyone agree? And what sort of price should 4 injectors be? Cheers in advance, Gaz.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've had exactly the same issues. It was a combination of injectors, and a lambda sensor. Amongst everything else!

(My thread is immediately below yours...)

mk1 Octavia VRS
Which spark plugs did you use? A lot of people have experienced issues when not using the correct NGK plugs.

If it is injectors - it's cheaper to get them cleaned than replaced with new.

RB 182 FF
Used correct NGK plugs, I think it's injectors and maybe Lambda sensor. Thing is I don't want any hassle going around Europe so I think I'll buy all new injectors then maybe sell the other ones if anyone fancies getting a bargain and cleaning them... Cheapest injectors I've found is £30 each, does that sound about right?!

RB 182 FF
Ok Dann you'll have 1st dibs on them once I sort new ones out.. :up: Again can anyone confirm £30 as a reasonable price for brand new injectors?!

Westfield, 182, 200
I paid £37.56 from ECP as i was desperate, ebay do the same make (magnetti marelli, original manufacturers) for £30 so go for them!

RB 182 FF
Yeah I think I will Ianboom, I know it's £120 but for the sake of no hassle once they're fitted I think it's worth the investment! :up: