ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 exhaust, modified vs standard.....benefits?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Ok guys, after being around on here a while I've picked up a couple of things, but as a previous 172 owner I'm not so clue'd up on 182's

As I'm aware there are little to zero gains to be had from a 182 exhaust, if there is what is the best system, a lot say yozza but I had a BTB on my 172 and it did seem to make a difference, only the BTB for the 182 sticks out a bit too much for me

Is there any benefits of running a centre box to a straight through, I dont want a straight through as it turns the clio into a chav sounding shitbox, but dont want to be losing out on some BHP

I'm also interested in getting a de-cat, as I understand it the 182 runs a cat similar to a sports 200cell item, I may have picked up dough info mind, so I'm wondering if there are no gains to be had from a cat back maybe running a de-cat with standard system will work

I'm guessing the standard system is a 2 1/4 Inch all the way through, and most modified systems are 2 1/2 inch? Will I have to buy a de-cat with a reducer on it to fit the standard system if I decide to keep it?

Sorry for all the questions I just want to be 100% clue'd up on it before I go ahead and spend quite a lot of money on a new system

For a stranger question: what is the lightest system you can get for a 182, I know BHP gains are good but its no good if its heavier as you're going to gain no performance

Cheers guys

monaco 172
Ok guys, after being around on here a while I've picked up a couple of things, but as a previous 172 owner I'm not so clue'd up on 182's

As I'm aware there are little to zero gains to be had from a 182 exhaust, if there is what is the best system, a lot say yozza but I had a BTB on my 172 and it did seem to make a difference, only the BTB for the 182 sticks out a bit too much for me

Is there any benefits of running a centre box to a straight through, I dont want a straight through as it turns the clio into a chav sounding shitbox, but dont want to be losing out on some BHP

I'm also interested in getting a de-cat, as I understand it the 182 runs a cat similar to a sports 200cell item, I may have picked up dough info mind, so I'm wondering if there are no gains to be had from a cat back maybe running a de-cat with standard system will work

I'm guessing the standard system is a 2 1/4 Inch all the way through, and most modified systems are 2 1/2 inch? Will I have to buy a de-cat with a reducer on it to fit the standard system if I decide to keep it?

Sorry for all the questions I just want to be 100% clue'd up on it before I go ahead and spend quite a lot of money on a new system

For a stranger question: what is the lightest system you can get for a 182, I know BHP gains are good but its no good if its heavier as you're going to gain no performance

Cheers guys

Not sure on the bhp gains as I bought my ktek supersport for the sound.

However in answer to your question on weight mine weighs nearly half the weight of the standard system, so on paper that's a performance gain in itself. Mine has no centre silencer and I got a decat.

Very loud tho lol

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
if you're talking lightweight then a single back-box with 2wo exit tail-pipes is the way fwd. ktr/janspeed/yozza/orbisound look light enough

Titanium 182
I fitted my Yozzasport today, much lighter than standard and actually the fit is better as well. As it doesn't have a centre section they are quite loud, though, but it feels eager to rev so I'm happy with it for the moment :)