ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - ESP, ABS & Service lights on together.....

182 Cup & DCi 172
ESP, ABS & Service lights are all on together.

They are on 50:50 - were on when I drove the car home but not when I moved it on the night. Used it all day yesterday and were again on 50:50

I tried adjusting the brake light switch and the lights still came back on.

I quickly wanted to check the brake fluid level - however this was easier said than done: the cap was stuck down fast due to the neck being miss shapen and thus the cap wedged on tight. I ended up cutting off the old cap and replacing it with a replacement one. The fluid level was low so has been topped up.

Tried the ignition and fault still present - dropped power off the battery on the car then repowered - still fault present.

I then readjusted the brake light switch and tried - on and off with the ignition: around 20 times with no fault, tried with engine running - ok. Did another 10-20 ignition on/off and engine on/off - fault still not on.

I don't have access to any diagnostic gear as yet due to work but want to crack on with any other possibilities between shifts.

If the fault persists then will be going to AndyRG

Cheers for any help

Rob

Clio.
Checked the abs rings for splits yet?
Also, check the connector to the direction sensor, it's under the handbrake trim. It has an arrow pointing forwards.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Not checked the ABS rings yet - reason being is the fault can come on with the ignition and car doesn't need to move to see the fault. When my brothers Clio had faults with the ABS rings it only happened whilst driving.

Never heard about this direction sensor so will be something to look at

Many thanks

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The Yaw sensor under the handbrake cover is a good shout as I had this this problem. Clean the connector and make sure it's plugged in properly.

Clio.
Here's the components that make up the system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 130
  182 Cup & DCi 172
Wow - big thanks for the information - will try and get abit time on Thursday to try these

Many thanks

I had this problem recently. Checked the basics.. my brake fluid level (was fine) and reset the brake pedal sensor.. Lights have not been on since!