ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 engine stalls on hard braking

clio 182
hey guys
I have a problem with my Clio that when I hit the brakes really hard the engine stalls and sometimes on a normal use .

before i change my brakes at renault service center the car was fine but after i took the car it stalls on hard braking or some time on NORMAL braking
i went back to the service center and they told me that it was a problem with brake switch and he fix it but still the car is not fix and i need your help .
thanks

RB Clio 182
Maybe a vac leak or air in the system? Have these got a master cylinder booster?

@bloke might have some ideas, he knows these cars very well.

Hes probably too busy making cocktails mind :smiley:

clio 182
the told at the service center that its something with the brake switch but i don't know if its true or no

@Mr. Plums' suggestion of an air leak in the system may be right - if there is air getting into the system then the idle would be wrong because the ECU would have conflicting readings between air being taken in through the filter and the mix of the exhaust gases going past the lambda sensor in the exhaust (I think...).

clio 182
@Mr. Plums' suggestion of an air leak in the system may be right - if there is air getting into the system then the idle would be wrong because the ECU would have conflicting readings between air being taken in through the filter and the mix of the exhaust gases going past the lambda sensor in the exhaust (I think...).
i don't know i need to check it