ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slightly high idle + Exhaust Gas monitor light

Clio 182
So the other day whilst in slow moving traffic I had the exhaust gas monitor light flash at me, pulled over straight after and turned it off to work out what the light actually was. Light hasn't come on again since, but the idle has been about 150/200 rpm more than it was before.
From a search it looks like possibly the lambda sensor? Anything else it could be/way to check? (I don't have a code reader anymore so I can't find out the recorded error)

Thanks

Mines been doing this on an off for a bit now, It was real lumpy so I got a new inlet gasket, that helped for a bit but its bad again. Looked under the car yesterday and theres a proper leak from the cat to the rear, the cars proper loud now! Real rough aswell. I didnt think that would cause the idle and its lumpy when driving too. Could it just be that?

Clio 182
does it idle higher when the engine is cold ?
I'd say possibly not, after initial start and it's been on for a min or two but temp needle is still at the minimum it idles where it should, its only as it starts to warm up that the idle increases to where I've been seeing it.
Also forgot to mention I can hear this whirring sound under normal acceleration from pulling away, and in second gear too. It's pretty quiet but I'm sure it wasn't doing that before either