ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 custom exhaust! Help appreciated!

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
Well my aim is to make a custom exhaust for my Clio running from the cat-back. I'm only going to use a single rear silencer to save on weight. How ever I need to know wot size to use! I'm going to use 2.5" stainless steel piping but the silencers come in that many sizes I don't know which to use. Firstly the length is either 12 or 16 inch with either a 4" or 6" diameter! Anyone with some knowledge would be greatly appreciated and il keep the
build posted with pics of how I'm doing!

RSC 182 Cup
Larger mufflers will keep it quieter.

With pipe that size and no resonator I reckon it most likely be loud and have droning issues.

You'll also need to mod your cat outlet if you want 2.5" all the way.

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
ye i dont want it to be too loud! just want it to have a sporty note without sounding like a jumbo jet taking off! does 2.25" or 2.5" piping make a difference to noise level?

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
Ok, does anybody know the size of the rear silencer used on the yozzasport and ktec systems? I have a scorpion decat pipe aswell but dnt think I'm goin to use it as it will be way too loud! So think that's going to go on eBay lol

Golf GTD Mk7
A straight through pipe would be silly imo. I'm running a BTB system with a modded cat so that the system is 2.5inch from engine to tip. That has a straight through (unsilenced) centre section, and two rear silencers, and it drones a bit to be honest. Depends on how its driven. Sounds mint when giving it the beans though :). You're not going to save that much weight really. Plus the rear will become stupidly light too (low down weight will help with balance/stability), more than it can be already anyway.