ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Cups....

Monaco - 172
Hi Guys

Before anyone says it - i've researched intensely at previous threads about this, but I just want to clarify something. I've seen a 182 Cup for sell in Silver - now unless i'm mistaken they only come in Inferno or Blue?

Also I'm really struggling to recognise if the spoiler is part of the cup pack. To me it doesn't seem any different to the standard spolier. I gather this is a mistake in the advert? Also the wheels aren't grey - but of course these may have been changed?

Sorry to bore you guys with another one of these threads, but I can't see a good enough picture to see the wheel size or the splitter.

​Any help would be much appreciated :)

Clio 182
That's a bog standard 182, about as standard as the come by the look of it. Just from the photos; no cup spoiler, no cup wheels, normal 182 interior (Cups have nasty looking seats)

Monaco - 172
That's a bog standard 182, about as standard as the come by the look of it. Just from the photos; no cup spoiler, no cup wheels, normal 182 interior (Cups have nasty looking seats)

I thought as much. Thanks for your prompt reply Mark.

Still interested in it, but just wanted to clarify.

Clio 182
No worries, my internet response time is at it's best when I'm supposed to be doing something important :)

RB 182 195bhp
As said, it's not a cup. It's irritating when people (normally dealers) advertise any Clio sport as a cup. If they don't know, why claim it? I clicked on loads of links expecting a cup before, and it being none of the sort. Rant over lol

It's not a Cup, nor does it have either of the Cup packs by the looks of things. The most bog standard one you can get.

There's a guide here for future reference.

172 Cup
As said, it's not a cup. It's irritating when people (normally dealers) advertise any Clio sport as a cup. If they don't know, why claim it? I clicked on loads of links expecting a cup before, and it being none of the sort. Rant over lol
This. Unfortunately the autotrader "report this ad" button appears to be broken. I've also been unable to sort by dealer/private for a while (which I reported a while back)

Funny, that add also claims cambelt, dephaser and water pump cost £800. Price is a bit steep too.

Monaco - 172
Great - stuff. Thank you all for your help :). Seen another now to which is cheaper but has more miles.

Titanium 182
It has xenons and washers by the looks of it too.

In fact, it's exactly the same as mine and mine is non-Cup.

172 Cup
Great - stuff. Thank you all for your help :). Seen another now to which is cheaper but has more miles.
Want us to check it's a cup for you? ;)
Obviously don't forget the cam belt, dephaser, aux belt and tensioners and before you buy one always test the hazard light button or better yet get the seller to test it.

Monaco - 172
Want us to check it's a cup for you? ;)
Obviously don't forget the cam belt, dephaser, aux belt and tensioners and before you buy one always test the hazard light button or better yet get the seller to test it.

The one i've seen isn't advertised as a CUP, though does have the wheels, and the splitter.... But doesn't appear to have the spoiler (i'm crap at seeing if it is or not!) I'm going to review the history to see when and where the cam belt etc was changed - if not done recently, i'll try negotiating a little! :)

You've lost me on the hazard light button? I never use mine in my 1.2 as once you click it, you can't turn it off unless you pull the whole thing out - is that what you mean?

04BGFF182CLIORS
3.8k for a non cup is a bit steep. although probably about right from a dealer with low miles. £800 for belts and dephaser is probably accurate if it went to Renault.

And yep, he'll be on about the hazard buttons made of cheese - although this is hardly a deal breaker so not sure why he made such a point!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
My non cup packed 182 was 4k. I didn't want the awkward bolt spacing, as I was changing to upgraded suspension anyway, I added a cup splitter for £20 ;) and now I have trophy spoiler.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
This time last year, 60k on clock with belts done. Full history, all receipts there etc.

Worth what your willing to pay, most would probably of said it wasn't worth 4k, but to me it was.