ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 cold running hesitation

clio 182
hi, my clio 182 runs a bit lumpy and is hesitant to throttle input on cold start up but only for about 30 seconds then it clears and is fine!!

any thoughts??

ta.

RB Clio 182
I think its pretty normal mate, i hear that an rstuner map helps.

You can probably hear a few pops from the exhaust for the 1st couple of mins from cold too?

RB 182 FF
Yep same ere, standard factory mapping and mine is hesitant and pops nicely with a blip of the throttle, takes bout a minute to run smooth. It's always done it, it's normal.

clio 182 FF
Mines exactly the same. Runs lumpy and sounds almost as if its misfiring for a mile or so on cold start but then its fine after that.

been told its normal mate

Mine's proper lumpy when cold, I can sometimes feel it kangarooing slightly at low revs / speed lol ... All fine after a min or two.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was made a lot worse with the 95(?)ron fuel. Vpower improves it quite a bit and sometimes I don't even notice the lumpy running now.

Arctic 182 & PB 172
it is a feature that you grow to love...a quirk if you will. even non sport ph 2 clios do it. see it like a gf you love loads and takes a while to get her going but when she does, its a great ride :D

Phase 2 clio 172
Yeah mine runs and drives like a bag of s**t until it's warm aswell.

If I sit at 30mph in 4th barely touching the throttle it'll start kangarooing and sound like its misfiring.... My mate said his 106gti does the same thing

adds character to the car, also get a lot of people looking round because it tends to burble a fair bit when I let off :D

all is well when the temp gauge starts to creep past the 1/4mark