ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - best car I've ever owned!!!

Clio Sport 182
Recently bought a Titanium 182 - all I can say is WOW........:D

My last car (not counting the family voyager) was a Hyundai Coupe SIII 2ltr 140 bhp, that had nothing on this car!

Before that I had a Citroen C2 GT (115 bhp).

I liked my C2 GT but the Clio 182 knocks spots off it!

I keep trying to explain to my girlfriend that its needs to be pushed past 5000 rpm, to unleash all it's horses, she would rather they remain in their stables!!!:rasp:

Clio 182
lol. They are great machines, but you do need to drive them hard and that can be dangerous on public roads

Elf

Clio 172 cup
Ur right there, when driving hard I can't even reach 3rd gear, theres not enough road

182 Trophy
Brilliant cars. LOL at explaining to the missus. I have tried "explaining" things to mine about my car on many occaisons......but seeing as though on my old 172 I changed the wheels from black to silver and she didnt notice made it seem a bit of a waste of time :rasp:

Congrats on the car :)

RB FF 182
Recently bought a Titanium 182 - all I can say is WOW........:D

My last car (not counting the family voyager) was a Hyundai Coupe SIII 2ltr 140 bhp, that had nothing on this car!

Before that I had a Citroen C2 GT (115 bhp).

I liked my C2 GT but the Clio 182 knocks spots off it!

I keep trying to explain to my girlfriend that its needs to be pushed past 5000 rpm, to unleash all it's horses, she would rather they remain in their stables!!!:rasp:

Im literally 3 weeks into my first 182 experience and understand completely lol. I got the disapproving tsk when overtaking someone with a massive smile on my face the other day

monaco 172
amazing mahcines, i still get a smile on my face everyday on my drive to work when i see the local chavs blasting past me in their 1.4 corsa sxi init's just thinking to myself if my engine was warm id love to undertake you lol.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I think they are amazing cars for an all round point . Fast, great at going round corners, great breaks, cheep to run etc.

There are better cars for different points as far as speed etc but as an all round one of the best cars i have had :)

MCS R56
amazing mahcines, i still get a smile on my face everyday on my drive to work when i see the local chavs blasting past me in their 1.4 corsa sxi init's just thinking to myself if my engine was warm id love to undertake you lol.

Just ignore these losers knowing that there is no contest and enjoy what you have. It's usually the person who is baited into chasing the SXi crew that gets caught!

Rusty Cup
Ive had mine for 2 and a half years and although ive got used to the speed every now and then i'll put my foot down and think jesus this thing can really move when it wants to :)

Listerine & Poledo

Overtake you mean ;)

Cant wait untill im 21 to get a Clio RS. Im glad you guys say the clio RS is much better than a C2 GT. I own a C2 VTS and i still cant believe how well that corners lol.. God knows what a clio would feel like to me :D

got mine on the 23rd july (day after my 21st birthday), so only a few months in and i'm absolutely loving it! :)

had a 306 1.6 before, and temporarily a ford KA before this, but all i can say is WOW, lots of fun to be had in it :)

Stagecoach Ticket
Really hate these threads. well done on getting a new car you like mate glad your enjoying it

But 1*2s are not that amazing there only good because there cheap

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Really hate these threads. well done on getting a new car you like mate glad your enjoying it

But 1*2s are not that amazing there only good because there cheap

Don't comment or read. Simple.

He's right though....
With regards to the to the Clio it's all relative. To the CS million airs then yes its a cheap good car that can be vastly bettered (with coin). But to a lot of us it is the best we'll drive on a regular basis and you can't take that away...

Stagecoach Ticket
Not putting it down at all i own one because it was cheap nice respectable fun and there are some lovely examples in the club. Just disagree with the vast number of posts on here and threads relating to clio sports basically a super car performs so well etc kills 99% of things on the road, eats alot of jap stuff etc etc etc as its all rubbish to my ears

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Fun cars for how little they cost. Get booked on some trackdays with it :)

MCS R56
Not putting it down at all i own one because it was cheap nice respectable fun and there are some lovely examples in the club. Just disagree with the vast number of posts on here and threads relating to clio sports basically a super car performs so well etc kills 99% of things on the road, eats alot of jap stuff etc etc etc as its all rubbish to my ears

That's how it is on all forums. Deal with it. It's down to how the person typing perceives their car - which results in a lot of love or hate. Read the title to this thread..."Clio 182 - best car I've ever owned!!!' He's not saying it's the best car ever made for everyone else. It's his experience.

Do you read with your ears?

Clio Sport 182
That's how it is on all forums. Deal with it. It's down to how the person typing perceives their car - which results in a lot of love or hate. Read the title to this thread..."Clio 182 - best car I've ever owned!!!' He's not saying it's the best car ever made for everyone else. It's his experience.

Do you read with your ears?
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm saying!

My previous cars, the C2 GT and the Hyundai Coupe were both company cars, the Clio 182 is the best car I have personally ever owned.

Each to their own!

172 Cup
Im a week into my rs ownership with a 172 cup and i absolutly love the thing! I had a saxo vts before and the clio is a quality upgrade :)