ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172

172 + 350z
Thought I best start a thread for my new car as I know some of you offered some good advice when I was looking at buying another clio.
I started off with a 182 FF which looked like this
jy2anuzy.jpg

I then bought a 350z and whilst it is a great car the overall running costs coupled with the roads where I live just mean I need to replace it, so I have ended up with another clio.
Some of you may recognise the car as it was owned by Joss who is on the forum.

The 350z

etujyqy5.jpg

dasasase.jpg

A few of the car

eha3esu5.jpg

unuqatyn.jpg

6yme7ady.jpg

As you can tell it's lowered on coilovers and I love how the car looks. It just doesn't seem to handle as well as my 182 did. If anyone has any suggestions on setups it would be appreciated and I will have a look on the forum. Other plans are a cup spoiler and maybe some other wheels, along with getting a stealth exhaust.
It's mainly a daily car but also want to try a few track days which I haven't done before.

Comments welcome!

172 + 350z
Not much of an update but swapped the air filter over back to the standard one.
Before
a4u4ytah.jpg

After
ujuva3a5.jpg

Does anyone know if there is meant to be a piece of pipe from the box that connects to the pipe near the battery?

172 + 350z
On the handling front - it probably just needs a front end refresh.

Wishbones, track rod ends etc etc.

It looks lovely by the way, I really want a 172 in Monaco!

Thank you for your reply and advice on the handling.
I am comparing it to my old 182 so not sure how the cup suspension compares to this which is on coilovers. Will be looking over the parts you have suggested as well though.

Thank you for your reply and advice on the handling.
I am comparing it to my old 182 so not sure how the cup suspension compares to this which is on coilovers. Will be looking over the parts you have suggested as well though.

Cup Shocks
cooksport springs
Track rods and ends
Top mounts with revised spacer
Steering rack bushes
Wishbones
Inner and outer ARB Bushes

^ this and it'll be like new :p

Obviously without the shocks and springs if you keep the coilovers.

172 + 350z
Cup Shocks
cooksport springs
Track rods and ends
Top mounts with revised spacer
Steering rack bushes
Wishbones
Inner and outer ARB Bushes

^ this and it'll be like new :p

Obviously without the shocks and springs if you keep the coilovers.

Thank you, sounds a good shopping list will check the prices! Will the 182 cup shocks fit the 172?

172 + 350z
Small update, I have received a stealth exhaust I bought from a member on here. Not 100% on the brand but should be a lot quieter than what is on. Plan is to get this fitted at the weekend. Does anyone know if I need any specific hangers or brackets etc?

172 + 350z
Small update, I have received a stealth exhaust I bought from a member on here. Not 100% on the brand but should be a lot quieter than what is on. Plan is to get this fitted at the weekend. Does anyone know if I need any specific hangers or brackets etc?

uvejuzy8.jpg