ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172

Ibiza Cupra
Hi guys + girls

iam looking into buying a 172 what is the best drop to have, and what springs, suspension or coilovers would you use.

The wheels will be no bigger than 16's.

What are the best air filters and full systems for the car to get the most performance from.

I need as much info as poss please..............:cool:

Not got a car
untitled-1.gif

Very helpfully button

As said do a search you'll get way more views otherwsie you'll just be listening to the views of a few people who regulaly look at the forum all day.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Punto gt owner? ;)

Suspension - Anything eibach spring wise. If you have the ££ for coilovers H&R every time :)

Filters - Just a panel filter will do, a good quality ITG will suffice. If you must have an inducton kit, saty away from chaep and nasty piper x vipers, they are poor. ITG Maxogen is where its at ;)

Exhausts - Magnex are too heavy, and have quality issuses Most afermarkets hang under the bumper and look untidy imo, better off with something like this. http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2069A cat back wont gain you much, decat is where the power comes from.

Inlets - Get the inlet manifold ported as they have pretty bad flashing when cast whic disturbs the airflow, see this guy ;)
http://www.angel-works.co.uk/product_2ltrinlet.php

Remap- Pmurry off here will reflash your ecu, to make the most of the above mods. Should be looking mid 180 hp or so.

Wheels - only one choice (standard Cup turinis ;))

DSC01141.jpg

Few pics of my old car(s)

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

;)

puntogt001.jpg

000_0008.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
must find another :( Weekend toy ;)decatted magnex....pop pop bag :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
must find another :( Weekend toy ;)decatted magnex....pop pop bag :)

Go on you know it makes sence forget H and R on the 182 could have got a fair way to buying a GT with coilovers etc for the money.

You'll love a GT rattling your windows late at night ;) The village used to be my cool down lap after its back lane beating :cool:

You'll love a GT rattling your windows late at night ;) The village used to be my cool down lap after its back lane beating :cool:
O ye wait a secon I might hate your guts big enhaust late night etc still a police stinger (not the misile) would be a good deterant.
oooohh he'd LOVE a 5 turbo, all that room ;)

Plus space in the boot for a spare.

Or there always the Corsa/Nova turbo. Cheap and quick ok not amazing shell the Corsa still thats what cages are for.