ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 without xenons?

Megane 175 & BG182
Hi guys,

Bought myself a 172 yesterday. In silver, all stamped up with belts done etc. Lovely condition but is has no xenons? Did they make them without xenons?
It isn't a cup as it has all the toys.

Can I install xenons and is it easy enough?

Thanks
Nate

Megane 175 & BG182
Can't see any damage around the front end. No wiring etc for the xenons either, its just standard bulb holders!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a front ender. I can see why anyone would change them otherwise.

Megane 175 & BG182
I don't think its a cup, unless they fitted climate etc to it. Its all HPI clear and I cant see any signs of damage etc when I checked it over with my mechanic.
Is it possible for me to buy the xenon lights and fit them?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It's possible to do anything mate. Pretty simple i beleive. Where in Bristol are you?

Megane 175 & BG182
Hinton but moving house to Emersons this weekend. I was told by a friend at Renault that fitting the xenons is just plug and play?
Another thing which makes me thing it did have xenons originally is that there is no headlight adjustment inside the car.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Some cups came with climate.. But i assume it has Leater interior and no Cup Spoiler?

Megane 175 & BG182
Yeah leather and standard spoiler. I think its a case of someone flogging the xenons and sticking some standard ones in, just means I now have to find some lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Some people swapped them for standard lights when a bulb went to save the replacement cost of the xenons.
Also allows you to very cheaply buy perfectly clear shiney new lamp units much cheaper.

Megane 175 & BG182
Yeah, the cost of ballast and bulb is quite high so would make sense to not have them. I may just keep them then.

Megane 175 & BG182
I assume they are still hooked up to the auto adjusters, there is a bit of manual adjustment on the lights themselves aswell I think

Megane 175 & BG182
Yeah, HID's Direct do the bulbs for £13.99 a pair (Bargain) but the ballasts are stupidly expensive. Had a MK5 GTI with xenons and it was £500 for one ballast and bulb!