ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 vs. Audi S3...in the bends?

Clio 182ff
Its a close one mate, I had a straight line race in my 182 up the link way in St Helens last week and he was a smidge quicker than me in a straight, but had him at the 2 round abouts leading upto the m56. may include out braking the fool!

Monaco 37/468
Hehe. Nice to hear that :) Don't think he can drive for s**t anyway. Just a 'rival' has bought one. I think the best thing for me to do is actually not race to get him all wound up ;-)

320d
Its a close one mate, I had a straight line race in my 182 up the link way in St Helens last week and he was a smidge quicker than me in a straight, but had him at the 2 round abouts leading upto the m56. may include out braking the fool!

see a few s3's around st helens, i wonk part time in maccies on the linkway and see a fair few, they are very nice, see rs6's and rs4's and everything in the drive through, it makes the job worthwile at times, when you think heres another corsa with a backbox from halfords and it comes to the window and its an rs4.

535d / t5 caravelle
through a long bend where the grip counts the audi will be quicker but through tight, sharper bends the clio will be quicker.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nothing! There's prob nothing it it between an evo and a clio on A roads!! So track and on the straights yes!

Depends how well you know the road too!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
at the end of the day it all comes down to how hard you want to push on the roads, personally i value my liance far to much. track days are the future.

Monaco 37/468
Yeah me too. That's why I wouldn't give anyone the enjoyment of a race. Take it to the track where you can do what you want

Monaco 37/468
Thought so. I nearly laughed the other day when I was talking to him and he said "It's standard...280BHP".. :)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
225bhp the old ones arent they? Same as some TT's and Leon Cupra R's

I would imagine the Clio could maybe just about hold its own round the bends although it would be no walk in the park.

The 2007 s3 would trample all over the clio, theres what 85bhp difference between the two and 4 wheel drive to help get the power down.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sorry i assumed we were talking aout the new model of S3 (265bhp)

Well if its the old model (pre 2004) then i would think the clio would maybe stand a chance, even at that though im sure the S3's were quattro drive?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
^yup previous model s3's had quatro.

When i was looking at Leon Cupra R 225's. On the Seat owners club there were several threads debating about LCR vs TT/S3 (Much like us on here with 182 vs ctr). The general concensous was the TT/S3 would have the edge around the twisty stuff due to the quatro

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Hehe. Nice to hear that :) Don't think he can drive for s**t anyway. Just a 'rival' has bought one. I think the best thing for me to do is actually not race to get him all wound up ;-)

Race him mate then you'll have the answer to your question . Clio 172 vs. Audi S3...in the bends?

Then we might also see a new post . " Just wrote off my 172 , breaking for spares " ;)

What a pointless thread :quiet:

2 litre twin turbo estate
are the S3's propper quattro tho iirc it was the same system as the R32's haldex system rears get power only if the fronts start slipping

ff 182

Race him mate then you'll have the answer to your question . Clio 172 vs. Audi S3...in the bends?

Then we might also see a new post . " Just wrote off my 172 , breaking for spares " ;)

yeah like your pointless reply.encouargeing 19 year old lads to go race..;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
are the S3's propper quattro tho iirc it was the same system as the R32's haldex system rears get power only if the fronts start slipping

Yeah like a 75% - 25% split of power distribution>?

I know porsche have a great traction system it works really well for the launch control and the like

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

yeah like your pointless reply.encouargeing 19 year old lads to go race..;)

My reply was actually tongue in cheek old fella ;) It was more of a dig at the subject of the thread as some people on here think the 1*2's are invincible lol .

ff 182
oy less of the old!..:) i know what you where saying,and so do most other people.but to some of the younger members they can take it the wrong way........no hard feelings young'en..:)

correctamundo. there are only a couple of models in the audi range that are genuine quattros. everything else is marketing spin.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
ive owned a lcr, which was modded so cant really say its far to compare to 182, my lcr was granted quicker in a straight line but was a bit of a boat on corners, altho alright. obvisouly not 4wd tho, saying that my friends tt isnt all that hot all things being. basically a golf 4motion with 1.8t ;)

Clio 182.
Nothing! There's prob nothing it it between an evo and a clio on A roads!! So track and on the straights yes!

Depends how well you know the road too!

My GFs dad now has an evo 8, after owning a 172 cup and he reckons that if i had a shove with him, he would have to catch me up after the corners, cos id be round quicker than he could take them.

Anyway, thought this thread might be of interest:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=53000

APR LCR225

see a few s3's around st helens, i wonk part time in maccies on the linkway and see a fair few, they are very nice, see rs6's and rs4's and everything in the drive through, it makes the job worthwile at times, when you think heres another corsa with a backbox from halfords and it comes to the window and its an rs4.

You do what in maccies?:rasp:lol

APR LCR225
If you can drive and hes s**t, youl make him look like a right plank....thats what i find happens most of the time. Driven correctly, most cars around this class arent far apart atall on the road. Its normally the driver that lets the car down.

My mate has a track gti6 and he kept with and eventually overtook a subaru p1 on a road round here. Bet the driver was absolutely sick:cool: