ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Synchro Hub

I've got a problem with my 5th gear. Basically it crunches when you select it. i've canged the dogbone and done an oil change but this hasn't solved the issue, its made it better but not solved it.

Anyway, my missus works with various mechanics, and they have said that they think it might be the 5th gear synchro hub or retiaing nut, and as its 5th gear i can access it by taking the casing off the gearbox and dont have to remove the whole gearbox to access it.
So i'm going to give this a go, but . . . . . the only issue i have, is i have googled all sorts of keywords trying to locate parts and pictures and possible guides but cant find anything to help me.

So as this is the Clio Bible and there are a quite a few people on here who know the clio back to front, can anyone provide some help and some guidance so i cant purchase the parts i need and start to go about replacing them.

Thanks

Ashley

172 Race Car
This is the man to speak to:

Agency Transmissions

Unit 17k Shrub Hill

Worcester

WR4 9EL

Tel: 01905 24896

Ask for martin, knows these boxes blindfolded and carries all the parts in stock. Mention Burpspeed and he will sort you out

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
i had a quote off a company on my old gearbox when 5th went on that. they said they'd do it from just removing the side case instead of taking the whol box out. they wanted £110 to do the job, so i bought a reconditioned gearbox instead

This is the man to speak to:

Agency Transmissions

Unit 17k Shrub Hill

Worcester

WR4 9EL

Tel: 01905 24896

Ask for martin, knows these boxes blindfolded and carries all the parts in stock. Mention Burpspeed and he will sort you out

Thanks, i'll give him a call hopefully he will be able to help guide me in the right direction and solve the issue.