ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO 172 SAT Nav display stopped working

2002 172
Hi,
The central display on my 172 has stopped working it should disply the sat nav, clock, radio but it is completly dead just stays blank.

The radio still works but no display on the main screen,

Any one got any ideas i have checked the fuses on the side of the dash and they all look good.

2002 172
can you explain the rest? i was going to disconnect the battery but not sure now to enter radio code it i cannot see the screen? is is difficult to remove the screen?

2002 172
forgot to mention the CDROM in the boot still has power.
Any ideas how to remove the screen to check behind?

Ford Fiesta
there wont be anything loose behind the screen. Doubt it anyway. why ould it suddenly come loose.Think you have to remove the top of the dash to get behind it.

2002 172
the screen is completly dead no faint display just like no power to the screen, i have checked all the fuses in the side of the dash ,not sure if the screen has its own fuse anywhere else.

Ford Fiesta
this is the trouble and something i feared happening with the carminat in the 182. Once its fitted at the factory it will be a) very hard to get parts and b) the dealers wont have a clue.

Liam

2002 172
well it took 3 weeks and 3 different garages but the sat nav is now working, they had to replace the cdrom reader in the boot and the screen came back on. At last a working car and the garage i brought the car from covered all the costs