ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 recalls?

hey guys
What recalls has the mk2 ph2 172 got?
Bonnet catch
ECU - kangerooing?
Steering wheel - melting?
Any others...?

I just went to one of my local Renault dealers.

Told them what car I had " Renault sport clio, an old 172"
What recalls have they got?

DEALER: what do you mean recalls?
ME: like the bonnet catch...
DEALER: oh yes, taps reg no into computer, the bonnet catch hasn't been done, we can do that free of charge.
ME: has it got any others?
DEALER: NO!

He's probably right, i'm just checking as they didn't seem to want to do the work.
The "funiest things you have been told by a dealer thread" has got my back up is all.

Thanks

That just threw up 3 other recalls :0

the throttle pedal in my car goes about 80% of the way down, then gets tight, then does down to WOT, Is that normal on these?

When you press the throttle pedal.
It doesn't go the whole way before it gets tight, you then push it past this point, and it goes to wide open throttle

Clio Renaultsport 200 FF
Hi Gothy
The dealer system will check what recalls are outstanding for your specific car.
When a recall is assigned to a vehicle it is added to the warranty system which dealers are required to check each time they see your car.
If recall work is done, the system is updated to remove the alert.

David
Renault UK

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
When you press the throttle pedal.
It doesn't go the whole way before it gets tight, you then push it past this point, and it goes to wide open throttle

This is the speed-limiter override switch.

You limit speed to 30mph, pull onto a 60mph speed limit and think "Oh f***!". Put your foot down hard and it cancels the speed limiter.

You're still getting full WOT before the switch is pressed AFAIK.