ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Phase 2 - A/C problem

CLIO SPORT 172 PH2
Hi guys. Need your opinions regarding my issue.

So I had my car fixed in a shop for a power steering sensor replacement. Before i brought it to the shop, my AC is working fine. After they fixed the sensor, my AC doesn't work anymore.

When you press the Auto button, normally the AC will turn on with the fan speed, AC, front vents and foot vents. Now when you press it, no fan speed and other buttons is not turning on. (I hope I'm making sense here) ?

I brought my car to Renault and they said that the resistor pack is busted. Do you guys think that is the case? The thing that made me curious is like I said, it was ok before the power steering sensor replacement.

I'm located in the middle east and they dont have the resistor pack available. That's why I wanted to make sure before I order the resistor pack online.

Thank you in advance.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Power steering sensor is near the wire for a/c clutch. It's possible they've disconnected that ? I'll see if I can find a photo of what is looks like

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
That link didn't seem to work . Posted picture instead
e32c932ea145c6b7c44494dbe20fb7b1.jpg

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
The only wire to do with a/c near the power steering sensor is that wire I pointed out. I've not seen a wiring diagram for a/c but I wouldn't have thought that would have stopped the blower. If Renault said it's the resistor pack just buy a new switch cluster on eBay . But I would check if you can see that that wire is disconnected . It might be out and be the cause of the problem

CLIO SPORT 172 PH2
Got it! Thank you very much for you help. I will check it out and keep this thread updated. I will try also to swap in the resistor pack of my friend's 182. Just for me to pinpoint the problem if the wire you're talking about is plugged in or not.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk