ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Phase 1 34k

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up to day, 34k, one owner from new, pretty much immaculate although the rear bumper and front wing needs painting due to scratch. Don't get me started on the engine bay.

Not to everyone's taste however the car drives pretty much like new to be fair and in the flesh I actually like the alloys!
Plans? Enjoy and make nice and clean throughout.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
7.JPG
10.JPG
28034629_10155112333651625_1872017974_o.jpg
28081237_10155114340396625_380939150_o.jpg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Oh sh1t, I loved that car. So much effort and money was put into it.

I don't know how you let them go mate.

I take satisfaction knowing it was done right however I lost all faith in it. The guy putting it all back together (not engine builder) was a f**king nightmare to deal with. Never again.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I am keeping an eye out for a set of oz alloys. Would love the 16" version but aware they are henths teeth.

I think this looks so smart! From the photos, condition speaks for itself. I like the interior........ as mentioned above, just needs better wheels and low's and that's it, it's too original to mess about with. Original plates and all that stuff has to be kept imo :cool:

The photo above of an exclusive with the OZ's and lowered looks very smart indeed, suits it really well - @T9 0LLE has the 16" OZ's in almost perfect condition and was thinking of selling a wee while ago, not sure what his current plans are tho

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
looks a good buy, ignore @Daz. and do with it as you please.... or at least lowz, spolierz and rimz blud ;-)

however just make sure anything you do do is completely reversible so it can be put back to totally stock to keep the value in it

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I think this looks so smart! From the photos, condition speaks for itself. I like the interior........ as mentioned above, just needs better wheels and low's and that's it, it's too original to mess about with. Original plates and all that stuff has to be kept imo :cool:

The photo above of an exclusive with the OZ's and lowered looks very smart indeed, suits it really well - @T9 0LLE has the 16" OZ's in almost perfect condition and was thinking of selling a wee while ago, not sure what his current plans are tho

Nice!

Will drop him a pm.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
looks a good buy, ignore @Daz. and do with it as you please.... or at least lowz, spolierz and rimz blud ;-)

however just make sure anything you do do is completely reversible so it can be put back to totally stock to keep the value in it

You're a tool!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I think it's ace!! I'm not a fan of the seats, but love the colour of these :cool:
Seats look alright in the flesh same as alloys. Might stick a set of recaros in and store the originals. Haven't decided yet.

Seats look alright in the flesh same as alloys. Might stick a set of recaros in and store the originals. Haven't decided yet.
I like the wheels, I just find the seats a bit Rover / old man ish lol!! It'll look nice with Recaro's in there though :)

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Am I right in saying these have the build number on the sill kick plates?

Looks good nice find

No... the number on the sill plaque is in reference to the customer order number of the car when originally ordered at the dealer, and even that was vague. They weren’t even fitted at the factory, but at the selling dealership. The sill plaques and wheel center caps were placed loose in the car for fitting as part of the PDI

My order number was 023 but I ended up with 022 lol.

Exclusives are available on the continent too, but without numbered sill plaques. So although there were supposed to be just 172 cars for the UK, there are others outside the UK.

Lovely looking car you’ve found @Ant1 Has it still got the original grey floor mats too..? Rare as..!!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
No... the number on the sill plaque is in reference to the customer order number of the car when originally ordered at the dealer, and even that was vague. They weren’t even fitted at the factory, but at the selling dealership. The sill plaques and wheel center caps were placed loose in the car for fitting as part of the PDI

My order number was 023 but I ended up with 022 lol.

Exclusives are available on the continent too, but without numbered sill plaques. So although there were supposed to be just 172 cars for the UK, there are others outside the UK.

Lovely looking car you’ve found @Ant1 Has it still got the original grey floor mats too..? Rare as..!!

Good info!!

No original mats sadly :(

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Was it expensive?

Not sure.

Paid £3800 but needs rear bumper paint and front wing.

Just had a full service including fluids, spark, filters, dephaser, belts etc. All genuine Renault. New PS3s all round & tracking done.

It's not cheap but mileage for me was key. Needs a proper going over to get best from paint and interior. When it warms up I will get that done within a day.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
You're 50 now surely? I've known you longer than I've known my mum! :smile:

There's a joke there I refuse to make ,even though CS rules probably state I have to.
And 46 if I'm a day ah-thank-you

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I left the door.... I created the door... [emoji16]

I've had a rethink anyway, recaros and f1's and minor lowz are acceptable.

Recaros trimmed to match.. Because epic!