ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 ph2 timing

Mec 350 slk manual
The locking tools are not cheap by the time you have paid for them and the two belt kits it would not be any cheaper , on a DIY

clio 172
Hi new on here I got the tools from snap on they were AST I get all my timing tools from snap on as they do not bend unlike the cheaper ones I read a few bits on here regarding timing belt replacement its not a dark science if you do it right ,no mechanic should have a use for tipex

172 cup, Impreza P1
Hi new on here I got the tools from snap on they were AST I get all my timing tools from snap on as they do not bend unlike the cheaper ones I read a few bits on here regarding timing belt replacement its not a dark science if you do it right ,no mechanic should have a use for tipex

Part of the procedure from Renault is to use tipex.

Having looked at the AST ones. They're shite compared to the genuine ones.

172 Cup
  Cup In bits
Phone Adam @ Renault Autoworld he will be cheaper.

I got a full gates timing belt kit this week for £70, cam pulley locking tool and spare gear £70, cam horseshoe/crank pin were £40 from eBay in a kit, £15 for an aux belt on Cup. That's £195 fitted and then you can sell on tools if you want, I would recomend doing cam seals definately and maybe dephaser depending on mileage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALE-WHIL...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item53ed16863f

Good quality and comparable to the Renault ones I have seen, I would advise to buy the Renault cam pulley tool though. Search ebay for F4R tool and you'll see.

172 cup, Impreza P1
When do they use tipex... Isn't it fully locked up? Its not like you can mark up the crank sprocket cause its not key-way'd.
Just curious

Once the belt is on and tensioned the belt is rotated two full revolutions. The tipex marks are to ensure it goes back to where is started.