ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 PH1 Problems

Clio 172 Sport
Got a problem with the 172 firstly now if i try to start it it dosent turn over just makes a tik noise as if the engine is seized but i tow started it and it started and all the lights in the dash were on but flickering and the car was missing abit and if you dont keep it revved it will go off.

Anyone know what the problem is?
My first thought was it may be the starter motor but not sure.

AGH the sl*g
The battery is flat hence the starter motor clicking because its just got enough power to flick the solenoid, change/charge that and try again but going by the lights flickering once running id say you also have a bad earth or loose wire hence the reason for the battery going flat.

Megane dci 130
Yep, tight starter motor. Give it a tap with a hammer and see if it goes.

Might be worth checking your engine earth points too.

Vee 6
Clamp the negative end of your jump pack onto the engine ( clean metal ) as apposed to the negative battery post and try it.

This will rule out a bad engine earth.

After that it's the main feed to the starter or the starter itself.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Clamp the negative end of your jump pack onto the engine ( clean metal ) as apposed to the negative battery post and try it.

This will rule out a bad engine earth.

After that it's the main feed to the starter or the starter itself.
Yellow Ph1 Sean?

330i. E30 Touring.
Probably not..

Use a length of pole, or the handle to a jack to slip down there and give it a tap..

Clio 172 Sport
Right just changed the starter motor but still the same?

Any one got any other ideas what may be the problem, as soon as i try to start it all the lights in the dash just dissapear, ive also put a fully charged battery in.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
knackered fuel relay? try that? same sort of thing happened in my 205 gti.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have you just charged the battery up or have you put a new one in?