ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Mk1 Weird Electric Windows??

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
Wonder if you can help me out with something that's puzzling me on my Mrs's new Clio Sport.

It's a MK1 172 in very good overall condition.

But for some reason on the drivers side Electric Window Switches you PULL UP the switch to LOWER the drivers side window :headno: :headno:

Then on the Passesger side switch you PUSH the switch down to lower the window????

At first i thought that surely some numptey brain has just had the window switches off and wired them in wrong but when i had a look at the back of the plugs it appears that the wires seem to be the same colours in the similar terminal numbers making me think that they're in the right place????

I switched the wires on the terminals at one point and got the switch working correctly but didn;t leave it like that because of comparing it to it's neighbouring switch.

I've searched the boards and seen people have problems with Relays & Electronic Modules (can't remeber it's name), do you think that could be the cause of the problem, or is it just simply that the wires are on the wrong terminals of the plug???

Any ideas?????????

turn the wires back round again it's maybe been wired wrong turning swapping them around won't do any damage at all it's just a switch

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
It's likely one of the regulators has been changed before you bought it, common problem.

Unless it was a genuine Renault item it's also likely that the electrical connector on the new one was different so the wires have had to be chopped and the new connector wired in, they probably did this the wrong way round.

I did this job using a reg form GSF and it came with it's own connector so had to chop and wire it on.