ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 misfire at 1200-1500rpm when cold

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi 1`72 cup annoying misfire when holding pedal at 1200-1500rpm sounds like backfiring any ideas thanks

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi yes its had new tdc and loom service ngk plugs leads cts sensor battery its annoying from cold like its spluttering

Both my 172s have done that so sounds normal to me. The wife's 182 doesn't do it but, rightly or wrongly, I put that down to the remap on her's.

Megane r26
Yeah tbh it sounds about normal, 197's and 200's are even worse. Have you checked the leads for any damage that could be letting any damp in?

How long does it tend to last a few minutes?

Megane r26
few mins then ok but odd nasty like backfiring weird lol

Mine does this if you tap the thottle on over run when it's cold, as tomhunt85 said with regards the remap I've read and spoke to many owners that say that the RStuner software helps with cold run in the the fact it slightly raises cold idle iirc

BG 182FF
My standard 182 will backfire on overrun and runs a bit shonky for about 1-2 mins when it's cold. Sounds like its normal!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It could also be an injector on the way out. If it get worse it's obviously not the map and you should see a flashing engine light in the bottom right of the dash.

Megane r26
It could also be an injector on the way out. If it get worse it's obviously not the map and you should see a flashing engine light in the bottom right of the dash.

This isn't always the case, I've diagnosed and replaced injectors on these for people when the management light hasn't flashed.

The injectors should test out at around 14.5ohms as they are what is known as 'high impedance'.

I very much doubt this is the problem personally as the misfire/lumpiness usually exits in warm running as well as cold start

172 Cup CC
Mines really bad for it when I'm part throttle at low revs during cold start, feels like it's holding back, pops and farts on overrun too. If I give it full throttle a few times or wait a minute or so it will suddenly "clear" and be fine. Think it's just how it is :)