ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 mini project bought, cold start intermittent missfire issue.

Hi all, please bare with me so i can explain exactly how the car runs!
Basically i bought a 172 clio the other day, it has intermittent running issues which i knew about, i bought the car as a mini project.
As far as the car goes, it has an air filter set up, the little vacuum sized breather behind the TB is blocked off, the rear breather vents to air and the car has a decat and cat back exhaust. That is the extent of the mods.

It also has had a new radiator replaced recently as the old one burst.

Now basically the car hardly drives when cold, when fired up it'll hunt above the 500rpm line but doesn't stall. The throttle becomes non existent until you push it a couple of time and it'll spring into life. This also happens whilst driving, so part throttle the car will splutter/missfire and won't go over 3k revs, once its warm it seems to be absolutely bang on, idles fine, drives smooth and pulls all the way to the red line with no hesitations or flat spots.

The EML light is on, i've checked the fault code thing when you turn the ignition on holding the trip button and its not got anything on that.
If anyone's got any advice for what i should check next then i'm all ears, thanks!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Don't need a main dealer to plug it in, just someone local to you with a reader to get the codes.
Someone on here will either have one or know of someone with one.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I just use a Bluetooth odb reader from ebay and the Torque app (android phone).
Works well enough for me