ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 - How Much?

Hi Guys

I have a 51 reg (2001) full fat 172 in Monoco Blue. It is taked and MOT'd til September 2006 and has done around 35000 miles.

I was wondering how much it is worth realistically, might be selling, not sure yet.

Thanks for any advice / feedback in advance.

BMW Z4 3.0i
If you advertise it at £6500 and get a single call, I'll eat my hat.

(telesales companies don't count)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Yep eat ur hat. It's a mk2 ph2 Not ph1.

Monaco is rareish. Advertise between 6-6.5 as gaz says.

BMW Z4 3.0i
I was assuming it's ph2.

OK so it seems CS is the best place for a quote, how much is mine worth?

03 FF 172 Flame red
FRSH, 12 months Mot, 9 months tax
42k miles
renault colour sat nav

I'd value it at around £5500. What do you think then?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
GazCB said:
I was assuming it's ph2.

OK so it seems CS is the best place for a quote, how much is mine worth?

03 FF 172 Flame red
FRSH, 12 months Mot, 9 months tax
42k miles
renault colour sat nav

I'd value it at around £5500. What do you think then?

i'd say yours is closer to 4k due to the milage.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Alright alright, I didn't ask for all the sarky comments. I'm well aware of how little 172's are selling for which was kind of my original point. I'd say 4k is taking it a little too far tho. It's only an '03.

172 Cup
Only an idiot would accept £5500 for an 03 FF 172 (unless it's a right sh*ter)

I've been offered over £7k for my 03 172 Cup and I'm not even in a position to sell it yet.

BMW Z4 3.0i
I KNOW! that's why I haven't sold my car cos although really I want to get rid of it, I'm not selling it for a silly price like that!

BMW Z4 3.0i
Alright, I said value. I'd have been more accurate in wording it "I think my car would sell for £5500". I think it should be worth more than that but people just won't pay it for 172's. This has been the case for about 12 months and I don't know if they've just taken a permanent hit for some reason.

For the condition and spec of my car it amazes me that someone wouldn't pay £6000 for it, but it's just the way it is. If you know somewhere I could get £6k+ for my car, I'm all ears, but I don't know of anywhere.

172 Cup, Clio 197
How much would you say my cup is worth? 52 plate, 28000 miles, not a mark on it, 12 mths MOT, 8 months tax?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Er just check autotrader, you'll see some dirt cheap, some silly money, but the majority will be hanging around the same price, that's how much to put it up for :)

I'dsay 6-6.5.

172 Cup, Clio 197
Well happy, a cup with 30,000 miles from an independent dealer in parkers £7895, mine with 28,000 £6795!