ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 has broke AGAIN

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well this is whats happened
Cam pulley sheared :
29102007256.jpg

Rest of the pulley :
29102007257.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well it's basically same as broken cambelt, so a lot by the looks of it.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Well it's basically same as broken cambelt, so a lot by the looks of it.

i would also like to know that, unable to give you an answer with the head on! there must be something wrong somewhere, that has caused that to shear!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
jesus christ scott! i've never seen that happen before!

new head or engine :(

My car is the biggest heap of shite ever lol, engine was only thing thats not broke pretty much, don't spose you have my old exhaust still, as the car is gonna gonna end up in the clio heaven.

Lionel Richie
erm no idea, ring yoz

we've got a few engines going spare if you need one

how much would you sell the car for as is?

Lionel Richie
almost takes as long to change the head as it does to swap the entire engine, plus second hand heads are rare as hell! (thats for the nice comments about our exhausts BTW :))

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How much is an engine? Make me an offer on the car Fred. It's had new everything.

Steve, i'll phone you in the morning.

Mondeo TDCI 130
How much is an engine? Make me an offer on the car Fred. It's had new everything.

Steve, i'll phone you in the morning.

No worries fella, if you cant get my try andys phone, signals a bit poor, BT turned up this afternoon again to put the phone in, and they havent even lay the cable yet, fools!!!!!

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
ive got a spare engine mate 150 pound for the lot though the bored need re boring but everything else s good i had a ring go on cylinder 3

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Country lane, 03:00am, can of petrol, dropped match..........

Would do if i could get it to one, said to SBV116 i'm quite happy for him to give me the key back and "make is disappear" lol

172 & LCR
I've seen this before pulley colapse means crank & cams are no longer timed right your noise was valves bouncing of pistons, if your lucky no damage to pistons.
I have a complete head you can have for £200 or I may buy your car if the price is right as I have the parts I need to fix it.
If your interested call me 07814953892

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thanks for the interest car is now being fixed as we speak. Finding out if the head is knackered to.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^^ cheers for the offer but think i'll be ok.

Heads been checked, thats ok :) But needs 8 valves, gay thing.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How much is 8 valves gonna cost me roughly? Said there exhaust valves if that means anything?

172 MKII FF
DrRollo, did you noise just suddenly appear or did it gradually work from being quiet to getting like it is in your video? I have a slight tapping noise when idling after a while but people on here reckon it is the carbon cannister thing. Sometimes I can hear it and other times I can't.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Went to town, gave it death for about 10 miles home then dad said it was making a funny noise. Then it happened as i was reversing out to go to a garage, so all happened within say 15 miles.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Parts list
Engine oil, Cylinder head caps????, cylinder head checked and new valves, cambelt kit, exhaust cam pulley, Auxiliary belt, Head bolts, oil filter, coolant

Last edited: