ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 gremlins

hey guys

My clio 172 has been playing up today.
On my 20 mile commute, everytime I braked the passenger window would open.
Then on the way home it didn't do that, but instead the stereo didnt produce any sound although it was operating just not putting out the sound - tracks were changing as the songs would play. The radio was the same. As was the changer. Then suddenly half way home it just started working.

Recently I've had the alternator replaced, as I had the STOP and BATTERY light flashing at me, with the lights around the car pulsing. (This was rectified when alternator was changed)

Anyone had these gremlins before?

Ive checked both fuseboxes, for signs of water and they are dry.
The Main earth from the battery to the chassis is secure.

Adding to things youve tried id take the rear clusters out, clean the contacts and spray penetrating oil on them,

Then behind the lights pulling the carpets away id undo each light earth and clean and secure those,

The if you havent where the battery is, the metal sheet dividing the engine from the battery, if you look down there are some earths (i think 2) secured there, undo those, clean the earthing points, bolts and spray them with penetrating oil.

Sounds like a more severe electrical fault for sure though.

Even had the local kebab delivery man flag me down last night to have a look at his clio with light problems, flashing dipped beam and problematic rear clusters on ph1.

Thanks Guysy I will try cleaning all the above earth points tomorrow when its light out.

dmallett
Just to clarify about the window - its the window motor that makes the window drop.
Is your car overcharging? - could cause sidelights to blow