ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 exhaust.

clio sold :(
Hi im looking for a new exhaust to go on my clio its just a 172 not a Cup
Ive seen this exhaust listen on ebay but its listen for a 172 cup i would imagine they are identical but before i spent any money i want to double check they are the same and it will fit???
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483b8a29db

Lastly my Abs light is on and thd Esp i belive it to be the Abs rings because thr brake shudders when i press it. Does anyone no how i can tell how many teeth the ring is ? Or do i have to go under and investigate?

ive seen all the diffrent exhaust on offer.
I just want to check that exhausts for the 172 or the 172 cup are identical in fitting ?
They didnt change anything?

Thanks . I can purchase and not worry that i will find a diffrent bracket or diameter

Bring back up my first exhaust thread cause ive had a search with no answer...

I Should have the money in a couple of weeks to replace my exhaust. But having a good look a round and Ebay.
Most 172 exhaust I see have 2 Hangers on the left and right of the back box and im sure mine only has the One hanger is this right? Or do I need the make an extra hanger for the exhaust or just ignore it and fit it..??

A.N. Other
Standard/pattern have just 1 hanger. A couple of 'performance' aftermarket ones have two hangers - the 2nd connects to a mounting point in the middle of the car IIRC.
Pattern rear backboxes for these are, IME, rubbish. The proper Renault one is much better made.

Thanks. Just most websites and images alot have the two hangers and last time I was under my car I only had one from memory. But I have some silly large universal box on my car and it sits low and knocks ive replaced the rear hanger cause it look knackered and it helped for a week now the new one looks knackered and is knocking again.