ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 ecu flashing/ programming

clio sport 172
hey all,

i have a complete standard mk2 clio 172 2003 model and want a little extra umph from ecu programming but want to do it myself. i know its only gonna be a max of about 10bhp but obviously thats not the total story when a smoother ride and better torque and better throttle response is also advantageous.

so my question been is what ecu flashing units are best to buy and easies to use? and do they come with maps?

i dont mind writing my own map as am an electrical/electronic engineer and understand the hex programme required and how to calculate the results for the the input code and what to expect in terms of the changes the codes create.

has anyone trieed the kwp2000+ flash unit and what are they like? or the rs tuning flasher?

any info be great,

cheers

stu.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Most people buy an RSTuner to map their car at home. Dont expect much/any increase in peak power, but do expect a smoother and better power delivery throughout the rev range.

Even an experienced mapper would struggle to get 10bhp.

clio sport 172
thanks for the replies, have been looking around and these seem to be the kiddies for the job.

how accurate are the maps that they send you as on prievious cars such as my 55 plate m3 and 2000 impreza i've always had them set up on rolling roads for fine tuning so can get the best out of the car i did get an extra 40bhp out of my m3 only having fitted exhaust and filter and had it de-limited and had a great result on top end tried and tested by me just over 205mph (tested at a proffessional circuit not on roads i may like to add);)

what kind of performance enhancement would i be getting from there basic stage 1 map as my car is completely standard, i thought about 10bhp but as the moderator said 10bhp is pretty doubtful, i do understand that it brings better throttle response and a smoother power delivery to.

cheers
stu