ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cup tuning tips

Inferno 182 cup
i have a standard 172 cup and i am looking to up its performance to around the 200bhp mark. i have tried fitting an induction kit and it made the car quite sluggish in the higher rev band and just wondered if anyone could offer any advice on what would be the best way to go.

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Matched Inlets, Cams, ECU Remap and std breathing mods will get you over 200 but expect to pay in excess of 2K for all that.

Nitrous will give you the bigest bang for your bucks.

Also consider gear box upgrade

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
Matched Inlets, Cams, ECU Remap and std breathing mods will get you over 200 but expect to pay in excess of 2K for all that.

Nitrous will give you the bigest bang for your bucks.

Also consider gear box upgrade

i think you may of scared him away.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I paid less than £400 for just short of 200bhp. I did pick up some bargains along the way though.

I wouldn't bother personally as you never really gain much but it depends how much you love your Clio.

Clio 182 Cup
Im scared to Mod my 182 CUP in case I blow my engine or my warranty is VOID!!! Im such a wuss when it comes to mods!!

PH1 Oddy, M140i
I paid less than £400 for just short of 200bhp. I did pick up some bargains along the way though.

I wouldn't bother personally as you never really gain much but it depends how much you love your Clio.

Hold the phone!!

400 bucks!! My induction kit was 400 bucks!!

It will cost you 2k minimum if you do it properly with usability and reliability thrown in. Of course with 200 bhp you will want to up rate things like brakes and suspension a little IMO

400 BUCKs.......your some cookie!!!;)

My story here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189822

Last edited:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

Hold the phone!!

It will cost you 2k minimum if you do it properly with usability and reliability thrown in. Of course with 200 bhp you will want to up rate things like brakes and suspension a little IMO

Janspeed sports cat - £50,
Phase 1 airbox and panel - £40
Exhaust - £0, already fitted
Inlets - £150
Remap - £170

That's £410 for at least 190 bhp. I've not added my 182 setup but if I did, I'd still only be around £500.

Ph1
Hold the phone!!

Janspeed sports cat - £50,
Phase 1 airbox and panel - £40
Exhaust - £0, already fitted
Inlets - £150
Remap - £170

That's £410 for at least 190 bhp. I've not added my 182 setup but if I did, I'd still only be around £500.

190 bhp from that lot?? youve done well their

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I was at 180 with just the exhaust, remap and panel filter on Paul's old Dyno Dynamics. Since then i've fitted the cat', new airbox and matched inlets. I'll be having it RR'd shortly to get a true figure.

Ph1
I was at 180 with just the exhaust, remap and panel filter on Paul's old Dyno Dynamics. Since then i've fitted the cat', new airbox and matched inlets. I'll be having it RR'd shortly to get a true figure.

Think you'll be lucky if you have 190 their mate but if you do get it, you must have one of the 'good ones' :cool:

255 V6 Black Gold
i have

exhaust
full de cat
bmc cda with caf
remap by paul @ rstuning

need to fit my 182 manifold
then i want to get ports matched

who does the port matching thing? how much is it? any info appreciated. Cheers :)

hoping for about 190 / 195 bhp.

M2 Competition
If you want a truly fast car, sell the clio and get something with a turbo, which is easily tuneable.

But if you want point to point speed, uprate the brakes/ suspension first, and then do some of the mods suggested above.

Decatted exhaust, angleworks inlet manifold, itg panel filter, remap is the route id take. Car will feel much quicker than figures suggest.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I've got 182 manifold, decat, superchip, exhaust and bmc cda filter, i put out 188hp at Surrey RR day, chuffed really as very minor mods, but saying that all RR figures need to be taken with a pinch of salt

I've got 182 manifold, decat, superchip, exhaust and bmc cda filter, i put out 188hp at Surrey RR day, chuffed really as very minor mods, but saying that all RR figures need to be taken with a pinch of salt

Charlie who runs SRR is a mate of mine and his rollers are used by AMD and many other tuners to check there on rolling roads.

My car made exactly the same there as I did at Clifford Cox Engineering.

:)