ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cup stub axles

172 cup trackday
Hi I am after some info regarding the cup stub axles, I recently got some bits together to fit to the car, coilovers and a few other bits, including the stub axle spacers from M.A.D.
i think I read a post on here with the same issue, which is.............. When I took the cover of the hub nut area I noticed that the threads were not very good, which was confirmed when I undid them, could somebody tell me exacly what should be on the stub axle holding everything in place ie washers etc as I only had a very ropey looking nut, and where if anywhere to get the stub axles and new bits at a reasonable price ? then in what order everything goes, picture would be ggod.
cheers

Cup In bits
Stub axle's are held onto axle by 4 bolts, 3x m10 and 1x m8 counter sunk torx bolts.

Then on the actual stub axle there's a disk spacer, disk then locking nut. 4 pieces In total make up the rear hub assembly, 12 if you count the nuts & bolts that hold the stub to the axle.

You then have the caliper assembly that bolts to the hub.

172 cup trackday
Stub axle's are held onto axle by 4 bolts, 3x m10 and 1x m8 counter sunk torx bolts.yep check !, mine were changed, as the hub spacers came with longer bolts and new nuts

Then on the actual stub axle there's a disk spacer not sure there was anything between disc and stub axle, disk yep got a disc then , only issue was that the bearing came out of the disc, are they supposed to be locked into disc in any way ?locking nut, hub nut tightens direct to disc ? or should there be a washer or anything ?, this is my main problem ! the hub nut itself is fooked and whoever has worked on the car previously has been a bit handfisted meaning the the threads on the stub axle which hub nut tightens on are now also fooked, whats best way to do this ? new stub axles and nuts or replace the bearings too. stub axle for cup is specific to cup right ? and I'm presuming that new they'll be £££££££££££. 4 pieces In total make up the rear hub assembly, 12 if you count the nuts & bolts that hold the stub to the axle.

You then have the caliper assembly that bolts to the hub this bit is fine lol
whats the procedure when removing the disc/ hub nut ?, replace nut everytime ? read something about washer causing thread to fail or something

cheers matey

Cup In bits
Your missing disk spacers by the sounds of it, they go behind the disk. Its stub axle, disk spacer, disk, lock nut (in that order) No other parts needed. Make sure the spacers haven't stuck to the back of the old disk if you have replaced them. Hub nuts should be replaced according to Renault, same as anything its dependant on condition, personally I don't bother unless there totally fucked, bit of loctite in the threads to keep my OCD happy.

Common sense really but from what you have said with damaged parts you need a new stub axle (yes cups stubs are specific, check the for sale section) disk spacers, lock nuts and new bearings (there cassette bearings and should not separate, if they have again there fucked)

The thread doesn't fail due to no disk spacer the bearing does as it has no support,

Hub nuts (wouldn't bother with anything other than Renault) and disk spacers (Renault only) are circa £7 each from your local Renault dealer.