ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 cup road car

Clio cup 172
Hey there,

I have decided to take my clio of the road and renew some things. It has done 98,000 miles drinks plenty of oil and a few month back it blew the spark plug out the head. I managed to re-thread the head and fit a new spark plug but have decided it's time to spend some money on her. I would like to keep the car a road car and I'm just after some opinions on what to buy and get. At the moment the list is:
Catcams 438
Catcams solid lifters
Catcam uprated valve springs
King racing big end and main bearings
Apr bolts
New oil pump and spray jets
Wossner 11:8:1 forged Pistons
Oversized valves
Ported head
Gen90 Ecu
Lightweight pulleys and flywheel

I thought I'd post this and get some opinions because from what I've read the forged Pistons knock and don't last very long in a road car and you don't get to many gains from oversizing the valves I would also like to know if the setup I'm after is worth doing or just keep the engine standard.

Clio cup 172
As you can see I have started to strip the engine needs abit of tlc
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Clio cup 172
After 30mins I finally managed to get the sump of . There was one very rounded bolt that I managed to get out in the end with a centre punch. I will post a photo later. Now it's time to pull the oil pump of and piggys out and see what state there in.