ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cup central lockin alarm not working

172 cup
hi guys the central locking decided to stop working i can lock the passenger door and the boot using the lock on the dash cant lock drivers door no keyhole????, anyway had look on threads tried the hold central locking button inside car to try re sync for five seconds nothing happens it just locks, disconnected battery and refit nothing running out of ideas the red light comes on both sets of keys so not those batteries anyone???????????

172 cup
could it be where its been sat for couple of weeks aint drove it at all been using missus motor until today when i done a twenty mile trip got out and tried to lock it and hey pesto it started working so thats where im thinking could it be battery?? i recently changed the standard renault for a halfords one are they crap or something any ideas as it been annoying me

RS Clio 172
I had the exact same problem with my 172. Had to take it to Renault to have the keys reprogrammed/reregistered with the car. Can't remeber how much it cost but it didn't break the bank.

172 cup
it has started doing it again annoying the last time i sorted it by going on long drive changing remote batteries but they were fine anyway why is it doin it any help appreciated

172 cup
thinking it could be where i need the keys reprogrammed to the car but i have a spare aswell and this aint working eithier surly only one would need reprogramming at a lose end with this so anymore info would be great

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I have just bought a cup and only realised when i got home central locking doesnt work !!!

Only got one key with the car and is not in great condition.. So how am i gonna lock it over night??

And how much for new spare key from renault??

HELP

@jamier: If you lock the door from the passenger side, does it lock all doors? (I'm just guessing).

One thing to check could be the battery.

Another thing I've seen people try is get in the car, hold down the central locking button in your car for over 2 seconds, a light should come on on your dashboard, now press the button on your keyfob, that may re-link the key to the car but I have no idea how well this works. (this may be useful for you Steve)

You could also try calling the previous owner to see what they did.

Other than this, you may need to visit Renault or do some searching, search is your friend. I believe a new key can be anything from £120 upwards after my own initial SEARCHES.