ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 conversion guidance

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
I am currently converting my 1.6 K4M into a 172 and need some guidance on the following.

What's the difference between 1.6 and 172 lower wishbone Arms??
Can I mount these onto the 1.6 subframe, and use Strongflex bushes, or do I need a 172 subframe.

Will I need 172 coilovers as I'm guessing the 172 hubs im going to be using will have a different hole spacing diameter.

Thanks in advance

172 Cup
I remember reading some advice being given to a guy wanting to put a gti engine into a mk2 golf "Never build a car you can buy".
With good 172s costing 1-2k why would you go to the effort of converting a normal Clio into a sport.
Good luck anyway if you carry on with it

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
Simple reason is I know for a fact I can do it for much less than 2k, to a better than standard state.

Most things will be upgraded as it started as a 1.6 rally car.

Kind of undesand where your coming from, but most of it has been done hence the reason I didn't wanna buy another 172 car.

All the electrics are there ready for the 172, so all I need is engine and box and suspension parts.