ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 and babies

Clio RS
me and the misses are talking about starting a family

anyone on here with babies and still an RS?

wondering if it's possible

clio 182 'full fat'
picked my sister up with my neice other day (9 months old)
only way i could get baby seat in the back was to have passenger seat RIGHT forward. so id say no :dapprove:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not as a baby but as a toddler yes.

Newborn baby seats are massive and you'll want it in the front (with the airbag turned off)

Then your Mrs will have to sit in the back.

Then when you park in a parking space, the fact your car is a three door means the doors don't open as much in confined spaces so when you try and get your massive baby seat out you'll call whoever parked next to you a cnuting fcuk bollock and get all hot and sweaty.

535d / t5 caravelle
me and my sister where brought up in a nova gte.....................so yes!

clio 182 'full fat'
how well do baby seat go with bucket seats? and theres no room for the push chair as my sub owns the boot, (the missus still not amused when we do the weekly shopping!)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Clios are f**king massive inside!

Instead of buying stuff too big buy something that will fit in the car!

I had a clio,micra,polo,puma,106gti with a newborn! Easy peasy!!!!

Ph 1 172
my little boy is now 18months old and i have not struggled once with getting a little seat in there, and now he is in the bigger seat i still have no trouble. The only issue i have is its on coilovers so its low and it hurts your back only having 2 doors but i can live with that. Me and my other half are about to have another baby as well and the rs still wont be going anywhere, for a small car i dont think they are that bad for space in the rear or boot, i have had 4 adults and baby seat in the car (driver, passenger, 2 in the back) and it wasnt that bad. Also you can get some quality little recaro seats and i personally think it looks cool with my little boy in his recaro lol :)

My boy is 14 months and I managed to get the front facing child seat in the back... just.
Rear facing I think it'll be tight.

pimp mobile Zafira
I use my 182 as a family car. I've got a 4 year old in a high back booster and a 22 month old in a forward facing. Bags if room. Dont listen to people (usually family) who say you need a 5 door. I find it easier with the 3 doors as I can actually get in the back and get the kids sorted.

I've got 2 kids and they fit in fine. My 4 yr old is in a Recaro seat and my 16 month old is in a forward facing Maxi Cosi and I can still fit a friend in the middle.

Z4 Coupe
Picked my niece up a few times. She's 3 and quite tall for her age. She sits on a booster seat and has no problems.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I mirror the above. Got a 6 yr old and a 20 month old. No problems at all getting seats in, loads of room and the boot tends to swallow most loads easily too.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Like has been said get an isofix base, then the baby seat literally just clicks in place! Easy.

Only issue I have is with the stupidly big pram we have you have to take the wheels off for it to fit in the boot.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
my daughters fine in the front with her seat (shes nearly 3) but this missus sits in the back

when the car seats in the back the passenger seat has to be quite forward so my kids legs arent squashed...

my C70 volvo was much better.

although in clio defence the boot is a decent size, even compared to my mk4 astra daily

V6 255
Had a Trophy when my little one arrived, and though it was a squeeze getting him in and out if the back with the recaros it can be done. Where there's a will there's a way. The pain was the buggy in the boot, but it just meant we packed sensibly. Now in the 200 it feels like an estate

Nippy white cup
We had the Cup when Abi was born and also the 182 when Sadie was born and apart from when you have a big pram which takes up most of the boot space we had no problems. Tilt the seat (obviously) and lean against it when putting the seat in the back and bobs your uncle...not ideal but defo not worth chopping your motor for imo

Chris

Westy. MX5
3 door cars and installing junior in the rear is back breaking work. Better to have a rear facing babyseat in the front passenger seat. Don't forget to turn off the airbag.

not a clio anymore
Just to add to the others. You'll be fine. The only thing is the suspensiosn are stiff and that is the only thing that I did not like with the baby in.
I have put the rear facing at the front when alone with the baby, at the back when the wife was there. When you move to forward facing, front and back are ok, I actually think it is easier to strap a baby in 3 door car than a 5 door car (you literally climb in the car and face the baby instead of going accross the baby.
On top of all that the seat move Forward for easy access and revert to their position (this sounds trivial, but many cars will "forget" where the seat was).
Also +1 on the isofix. I did not have isofix for the group 0 seat but had it afterwards, it is just much easier.
Front seats are actually a little tight for the base of most seats though.

Overall, don't worry about the Clio, it will be fine. (and the boot is very respectable)

SG9 Forester STi
When I have one (long way off yet though) it'll be going in the clio. Can't see there being any major issues but if there were I've always got the 5 door RT. lol.

Clio RS
ok, thanks guys and girls. I still have the Impreza now too but I'm thinking of selling it and just keeping the 172
after the 172 I'm going after a 197 or a 200 model but as long as the 172 is going strong, it's not going anywhere!!!