ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 - 51 plate non start.

First things first, I left work and headed to get some petrol - On a nice stretch I put my foot down and just past the 5k kick the engine cut out and the electrical fault light came on. Not a problem, the car was just restarted and all was well again.

I then pulled into the petrol station and went in etc, when I came back out no more than 2 minutes later the car wouldn't start, not even turn over.
I've been having key faults lately and sometimes have to remove the chip from the key, put it back in and away I go. (Solid or flashing light).
However, this time, all lights went off accordingly but the car would not try and turn over, all I get is the click from the relays behind the glovebox.

I literally spent about 2 hours going through the bay (I am not very mechanically minded though) But could not identify anything except for a strange whine coming from the TPS when the ignition was on.
This noise went a bit wild when I touched the wire that plugs into the back of it like a scrambled tv..?

Anyway, anyone have any ideas?

I'm not sure whether it's my key, my throttle body, my throttle position sensor or something I don't know about?
Either way my car is at the petrol station until then.

Does anyone know if the car is in this state it will bump start?
Thanks for any advice.

PS: The key opens/locks the car, electrics are all in working order.
The only thing that's changed today is I've changed discs and pads at the front.