ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 0-60

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
Hi guys.

We all know french manufacturing tolerances are shocking and the book figures are useless so can somebody please tell me what you would expect a normal phase 2 clio 172 to do 0-60.

It would be less than 7.34 seconds right?

Cheers all

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
I was out messing around with 0-60 and 0-100 last night , the best i could manage was 5.5-60 and 14.7-100 . ive got a standard cup 33k stripped out .
Could probaly do better in dryer conditions .

BMW E46 330i Touring
To be honest I think you're looking at anything between 6 and 8 seconds depending on conditions, your particular car, driver ability, etc, etc. Anything in 7's is about right.

eo52vug said:
I was out messing around with 0-60 and 0-100 last night , the best i could manage was 5.5-60 and 14.7-100 . ive got a standard cup 33k stripped out .

5.5 to 60? How did you measure that?

Nippy white cup
I managed a 5.39 0-60 at York (proper timing equipment) but that was with no rears and not standard. Probably on a gtech that wasn't quite set right.

Chris

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
eo52vug said:

:rolleyes: 5.5 to 60....thats a whole second quicker than what is should do...

I suppose if you have shed a lot of weight (how much by the way) it is acheievable but with no engine mods doubtful...

I'd say it was closer to 6 and you have juts used a stopwatch or something. Did you use a GPS device or somehting like racelogic?

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
Ooops i didnt mean to start anything.

Thanks all, It was me having a "discussion" with someone but it seems im wrong. I thought they would never be in the 7 second range.

Chris n nic said:
I managed a 5.39 0-60 at York (proper timing equipment) but that was with no rears and not standard. Probably on a gtech that wasn't quite set right.

Chris

f**k me thats good going without any rears!! Would of thought the car scraping along the ground would slow you down ;)

eo52vug said:
How was that timed ?? what proof do you have ? reason I ask is that both those times are very low.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
eo52vug said:

Evo mag got low 6s when they tested it, 5.5 on a standard cup is mighty dubious imho.

14.7 to 100 is also pretty quick, faster than a Focus RS (14.9).

eo52vug said:

tbh thats quite respectful really :)

172cup
Dave3141 said:
cups are slow!!!!!

;) coming back for the rematch david?

don't you get bored of losing all the time?

now that my cup has been stripped I must be looking at about the equivalent of 290brake and 0-60 of about 4 surely.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
eo52vug said:
mate,ur watch is seriously fast!!!!!

Foz

slammed clio mk1
He is right lads who really cares what 0-60 is, got nothing to do with driving your car on the roads has it. Also, 5.5 lol. Yeh sure mate, pull your head out the cornflake bowl.

eo52vug said:

LMAO, I bet you have a 12" c**k as well :clown:

LY 200
Ingram said:
And by the way,WHO THE f**k CARES WAT 0-60 IS FROM A 172!Theyr sh*te n e way!

Lol, corse they are............Until you get some of them cams which add, what was it!? 80 brake!? ;)

On topic, i did a 0-60 in 4.5 secs the other so there.............That must make mine the fastest 182 in the country!?