ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v vs Lotus Carlton

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Why is it that I have just driven a clio 16v home, and got out with a bigger grin than when I get out the Lotus?

And its only gonna get better ;)

Paul

Revels Mum & Sister

Hehe Yeah I would swap my Clio 16V for a LC any day of the week mate!

Gorgeous car. U just bought the Clio or something!

Liquid, yes bought it tonite in fact just got home.

It used to belong to Chuckie from here.

Paul

Revels Mum & Sister

Ahh rite nice one!

Whats your LC like. Is it a minter. A friend of my dads had one was very tidy. Been in it and what can I say f**k ME WAS that rapid!

pmitchell Any more pics of the car those lotus Carltons are amazing cars. Ive seen two wannabies in the past one was a badged up 2 liter the other a 300GSI badged up.

The LC has many of the parts as the normal 3000GSi I believe the engine was given a longer stroke by Lotus with bigger pistons and reworked heads to give 377hp and 419lb torque. 10 seconds to 100 I hear and faster than many 911s.

Ther classics there was only 1100 supposed to be bulilt they only sold 950 in the end thanks to a recession.

for more details try

http://www.lotus-carlton.co.uk/http://www.lotus-carlton.co.uk/

or http://www.lotus-carlton.fsnet.co.uk/Main.htmhttp://www.lotus-carlton.fsnet.co.uk/Main.htm

Ps its the fastest prodcution saloon made (ie a car with 4doors) at something like 187 but it definatly tops 170.

EDD

Clio 172 cup

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 23 September 2003

Ps its the fastest prodcution saloon made (ie a car with 4doors) at something like 187 but it definatly tops 170.

EDD
Think the BMW M5 has taken its crown

It remains the fastest production saloon ever produced. M5, RS6 etc are all limited to 155mph.

More pics available, email me for them.

Paul. (paul@infinicar.com)

Very difficult to find a good one. It took me over a year. And 12 cars. Also difficult to source parts for. Many items now being re-manufactured or reconditioned.

People with good ones tend to keep hold of them - thats why theyre good. Get a rough one and it will eat money like theres no tomorrow. Heard plenty of horror stories!

If it even vaguely resembled an old skyline, I wouldnt have bought it. Cant stand the things

Paul

Quote: Originally posted by pmitchell on 23 September 2003

It remains the fastest production saloon ever produced. M5, RS6 etc are all limited to 155mph.

More pics available, email me for them.

Paul. (mailto:paul@infinicar.com">paul@infinicar.com)

The Brabus E V12 does 200+mph!! And you can get an estate version too!!

LCs are pukka! You Bastid!:D

There was one for sale at Warrender a month or so back when i was there. Looked nice, few small rust patches on the arch but that was about it. Cnat remember the pricetag, does 13k sound about right?

pmitchell, wicked, wicked car. By the way I think infinicar.com are breaking one, in case you are needing anything for it. I spent a whole day once trying to persuade my mate to buy a LC, but he kept moaning it was too old, bloody tw*t bought a vectra (yawn) GSi V6 instead. He will regret it, suspect LC will only ever go up in value now

Quote: Originally posted by simonjones10 on 25 September 2003

Quote: Originally posted by pmitchell on 23 September 2003

The Brabus E V12 does 200+mph!! And you can get an estate version too!!

LCs are pukka! You Bastid!:D

Brabus EV12 does 320kph in estate and 330 in saloon version (they hit an electronic limiter)

The new shape Brabus EV-12 go even faster. However Brabus arnt classed as production saloons. They hold the record for the fastest saloons and estates though.

Those Brabus cars are excellent many of the top Merc executives drive them apparently. If I win the lottery Ill be down the German showroon ASAP.

EDD

sh*t feel a bit of a spaz now, i have just clicked on that, pmitchell is infinicar, sorry about that one guys, there was me thinking I was giving sound advice - duh LOL

LOL...not to worry!

No more needed to be said on the fastest PRODUCTION saloon - it still is.

Ive got one for sale if anyone is interested. Cat C repaired. See site for details. And Alex, thanks for the advice anyway shows willing.....

:)

Paul

LOL...not to worry!

No more needed to be said on the fastest PRODUCTION saloon - it still is.

Ive got one for sale if anyone is interested. Cat C repaired. See site for details. And Alex, thanks for the advice anyway shows willing.....

:)

Paul