ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 128GT - Locking Wheel Nut size for 59' model???

Clio 128 GT '59'
Hi Guys, i know i'm new to this forum yet like all new joiners we do so because we need to tap the wealth of knowledge you guys have..:cool:

So, can someone help, I've managed to order the hub locking bolts as they're around £17.00 from Renault, yet they want silly money for locking nuts and hence i wondered if any of you knew of some alternative suppliers? To buy on the dreaded eBay i need to know the thread size and length to ensure i get the right ones, so can someone let me know what these maybe for my model?

Alternatively if you have a link to somewhere that would sell them even better!

​Thanks in advance, Cornish

Clio 128 GT '59'
Guys and girls, i have to say, I've just had my wheels completely refurbished by Oliver at www.autoshine-repairs.co.uk, mobile +44 7917 873871, and he's done an amazing job.

Personally they were so damaged by the previous Numpty owner, i didn't reckon he could do that much with them, wow i was wrong; they look bloody amazing!

He charged me £40 per wheel plus VAT, so all in and done £192.00 and he even used the touch up pen to do a few spots around the car too, for FREE!

Apologies i cant put photos up aka before vs. after, (lack of forum knowledge on my part).

Anyway, he's based down in South London, Surrey, Kent and Sussex's areas, so if you need wheels done, i'd highly recommend him!

Cornish

Clio 128 GT '59'
Looks like an ad to me.

DanEdser, read the above and other threads and you'll see it's not. I'm old enough and grey enough to put "ads" in the relevant section.

Don't you guys recommend people you've used before who have done great work?

If not then I stand corrected yet the forums I use everyone recommends people they trust to do a good job.

Clio 128 GT '59'
Yer we recommend. But not like that. That is a blatant ad and you know it.

DanEdser, as i said, i stand corrected, i didn't realise you don't do things that way.

However saying "That is a blatant ad and you know it" is you taking things out of context mate and saying i'm lying, so easy there! If you bothered to read the thread and my other one, you'd see that I'm a new Clio owner looking to seek some help and advice on bits i need to do, one of which was the wheels!

Look, i don't know the guy, just saw him at a Renault dealer doing wheels, he did mine to an amazing standard and i thought i would share it just in case any people are looking to have theirs done and live in those areas, simples! If you want to think its me 'advertising' him, grow up, its called pay it forward, end of!

So are we square now, or do you want me to amend the original post to keep you happy, of so advise how to as i cannot see an edit function there!

This is a thread for a locking wheel nut, and you were talking about how amazing this guys refurb work is. "wow was I wrong" yeah whatever mate. There's a time and place for advertisements.

The fact you've included his website AND phone number... If it isn't an ad, they're not necessary, it would be a simple " I got my wheels done by such & such, top bloke, top work. " or alike. And you wouldn't put it in a thread like this.