ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.6 16v - smells like petrol from exhaust, white smoke. not idling smooth

Renault clio s 1.4
got a 1.6 clio.

only 44k on clock, been stood for 2 years. problem is when i bought it it req new coil pencils. so it wasnt running correctly. no smoke from exhaust at all.

got it home ok. engine management light was on.

changed the coil pack, spark plugs, oil then started it up. sounds ok but noticed after about 5 seconds after start up the engine isnt idling smooth. does at first then 5 seconds later it isnt. then the white smoke starts very slight. when the engine warms up and rev it, it gets alot worse.

it isnt the head gasket as ive done a pressure test. oil is ok, water is ok.

i code checked the car as the management light was on, was a fault on lamba sensor and said overfueling. but ive cleared them. but still smoking and hasnt come back on

can anyone help me please

UR 200
Could be a fault with the radiator, had the same problem with the tele boom fork lift truck at work and we had companies in to change head gasket and pressure test it and when they got it into the work shops finallyyyyyy ! They found a fault like a crack or deformation on the radiator,

Hope it helps .

Renault clio s 1.4
yeah, just cant see it been the radiator........... its more engine management or sensor telling engine to over fuel.... plus dont know what the smoke is all about.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
checked your oil level? Pull the plugs and check there condition... you're looking for signs of oil contamination.

Mick

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
If it's been stood for two years there is probably a load of water condensed in the exhaust which will be boiling off once it gets warm as white smoke. The petrol smell is just normal on start up.

Renault clio s 1.4
umm. it been running for at least 3 hours in total and the same. its not the head gasket. ruled that out.