ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.5 dci100 vs corsa 1.7 cdti sri

I know they are diesels and have s**t all power but i dnt want to spend lots on fuel every month, but still want a relatively nippy car.

Here are the stats from parkers:

Engine & Trim CC/Cyl BHP MPH 0-60 MPG IG

1.7 CDTi SRi 3d 1686 /4 98 116 10.5 57 6

1.5 dCi (100bhp) 1461 /4 100 115 10.3 65 5

which one is better in your opinion and why in real life driving terms?

clio...
Clio DCI 100.

Corsa's are ugly tbh.

with the remap on the clio it notches up 130+ bhp and 170+ pounds of tq.

I'm thinking of swapping up for a diesel soon.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Mate, you'll never find a DCI100. Just get a DCI80 and have it remapped. Better gearbox apparently anyway.

Selling mine if you're interested:)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You can get 110bhp from the DCI80 with a simple remap. It dusts off 1.6s (bar perhaps things like 106 GTI and VTS) while still maintaining 50mpg.

CB600FS
I'd get the 100 if you can find one - quite rare. You'd be suprised if you think they've got no power, thats a lot of derv bhp in a fairly small car, and enough torque to drag up the Titanic.

Also lower insurance, more BHP, better MPG, lower 0-60 time by .2s ;), looks better, better gains from a remap, lower tax aswell I'm assuming - £35 a year

al

ST on the way...
I'd get the corsa for build quality

:lolup:

I'd opt for a DCi 80, as has been said above, the box is better than the DCi 100 and a simple remap will give you around 110bhp and shed loads more torque!!

MKIII 138
knowone has mentioned what the 1.7 CDTI engine maps to ?

the cdti is a great and solid engine and its an extra 200cc with most likley a bigger turbo and not the same problems a DCI suffers from and the fact the gearboxs arent made of cheese.
i hate the corsa but then again if its looks your after then there are better alternatives.

besides before any missinformation starts a DCI 100 -= rare and still more expensive to buy at 50k miles than a MKII 172 with 30k miles on !
also map to 125bhp perhaps 127 with panel filter.
dci 80 maps to 100.

id go for dci 100 or not at all

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
What car raved about the 1.3 and 1.7 td's in the corsa saying how good they are. think they are a fiat design.

MKIII 138
indeed the 1.9 cdti and 2.2 cdti dont map high but they are reliable as anything and cheap also very quick revving and silky smooth, quiet too.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had a dci 100 for about 4 months, from new to about 8000 miles. Loved it. Cheap as fcuk on fuel and sat at 100 on the motorway all day long no problems.

Like its been said before though, they are too expensive due to their rarety (sp?) and you can get a dci 80 for a lot less dollar and just remap it. The dci 100 gearbox is a bit limp as well. I do prefer the 'box in the 80.

2003 Clio 172 cup
it might be a skoda but the fabia vrs tdi really is a cracking car. got one as a pool car at work and never had a problem in 70k miles, shows up a lot of bigger cars too, build quality is also spot on.

seat arosa 1.4 tdi
People are sayin that a remapped dci 80 beats the average 1.6, i am thinking of getting a dci 80, i drive a 1.6 megane vvt dynamique sport now, and i wouldent want anything slower. you dci heads sure itl be quicker after its remaped? Thanks

CB600FS
Megane 1.6s are slow compared to standard DCI 80s, even before a remap. Probably better from a standing start but in every day driving the 1.6s is too small an engine for the Megane. More rev happy and whatever you call it, but its just got no go when your coming out of corners or off roundabouts, the DCI just pulls.

The VVT in that engine doesn't go a great deal.

seat arosa 1.4 tdi
its not that bad! if im in the right gear coming off the roundabout, it speeds off. its all about being in the right gear in my car cuz it is all up there from 4-6k rpm, dunno bout this diesel way of driving tho, i test drove a new shape clio 86 dci, and it felt really slow. i dont know if it was slow but it felt it. had 2 passangers. i was gearing up at bout 4. went on mway with it as well where ther ment to shine but it just didnt. they might be heavier or have more wind resistance or sumthing tho i dont know.

dunno bout this diesel way of driving tho, i test drove a new shape clio 86 dci, and it felt really slow. i dont know if it was slow but it felt it. had 2 passangers. i was gearing up at bout 4. went on mway with it as well where ther ment to shine but it just didnt. they might be heavier or have more wind resistance or sumthing tho i dont know.

Gearing up at 4k you mean?

What do you mean by "shine" two poassengers in one though is much weight wise like your car two up maybe its even a bit heavier and its 86hp vs your cars 110hp ish.

seat arosa 1.4 tdi
yeah true, there is a big bhp difference, but every1 seems to say the dci 80s compete with like the 1.6 clio, which is a pretty quick car to sum1 like me who is too young to drive properly quick cars, i will prolly end up getting a dci 80 i just dont really see it being as quick as a 1.6 clio even after its remapped, just because of the different way the power is deliverd. Iv driven a 75 bhp tdi A2 and that was allot more fun to drive than the dci 86.id go for a lupo/arosa tdi, but the shape, and decent spec i can get on the clio wins me over. I just wanna know if there really as quick as some people are saying. Basicaly from the 115 bhp petrol megane, to a remaped dci80(bout 107ish? bhp) will i be going any slower than i am doing in the megane?

Thanks

yeah true, there is a big bhp difference, but every1 seems to say the dci 80s compete with like the 1.6 clio, which is a pretty quick car to sum1 like me who is too young to drive properly quick cars, i will prolly end up getting a dci 80 i just dont really see it being as quick as a 1.6 clio even after its remapped, just because of the different way the power is deliverd. I just wanna know if there really as quick as some people are saying. Basicaly from the 115 bhp petrol megane, to a remaped dci80(bout 107ish? bhp) will i be going any slower than i am doing in the megane?

They are quick they do loosen up a lot but compairing a car with 86hp to one with 110hp when the 86hp car was loaded down with people and a new engine isn't a fair competition.

Why not try and other 86Hp Clio?

remapped DCI 80 is about 110hp and since 110hp is the same petrol or diesel the speeds is the same the diesel often winning more as its advarage power is higher.

CB600FS
its not that bad! if im in the right gear coming off the roundabout, it speeds off. its all about being in the right gear in my car cuz it is all up there from 4-6k rpm, dunno bout this diesel way of driving tho, i test drove a new shape clio 86 dci, and it felt really slow. i dont know if it was slow but it felt it. had 2 passangers. i was gearing up at bout 4. went on mway with it as well where ther ment to shine but it just didnt. they might be heavier or have more wind resistance or sumthing tho i dont know.

New DCI's 68 and 86 are complete crap compared to the Mk2s 65 and 80. Firstly they're now using the toffee gearbox (same as your Megane) secondly the cars massive and weights a tonne, and thirdly the one you test drove probably hasn't been run in yet. I've driven an 86 on the Motorway (in Germany) with 2 passengers and it cruised at 100 alright weren't pushing it a lot.

yeah true, there is a big bhp difference, but every1 seems to say the dci 80s compete with like the 1.6 clio, which is a pretty quick car to sum1 like me who is too young to drive properly quick cars

I've got a standard 80 and on my mates 1.6 bumper till about 60 then 80bhp just isn't enough. Off roundabouts say, and when you need to just plant it in 4th to overtake I'd say the dci wins.

To be fair in the bigger picture, a mapped dci 80/1.6 Clios aren't 'fast' cars.

i will prolly end up getting a dci 80 i just dont really see it being as quick as a 1.6 clio even after its remapped, just because of the different way the power is deliverd.

Your in for a suprise then.

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Is 130bhp the best you can expect chaps?

Was hoping for slightly more... Must say the dci106 has caught my eye as ideally I require a diesel as next purchase.

Any other engine mods that could improve performance realisitically?

Thanks,

Pete.

Was hoping for slightly more... Must say the dci106 has caught my eye as ideally I require a diesel as next purchase.

Thanks,

Pete.

130 is a 30% just nice and eaisly any more and you should realy be loking at sending a load you don't have to but its better.

Depends who much you want to spend though Hp is wallet limited. Injectors are the big thing to make power.

CB600FS

Thanks,

Pete.

Yeah as edde says depends how far you want togo how much you want to spend. If your up for putting better intercooler, injectors, turbo you'd be more like 150bhp, and you'd push sports out the way no trouble.

The main things people on here have done to DCI is either panel filter + remap, or even just remap on its own.

Golf GT TDI PD 150 & CLIO
Yep I have a 100bhp DCI now running 130bhp with just a re-map and its more than quick enough, it will see off most other small hatches in its catagory like the Yaris T-Sport,Fiesta ZTEC S,C2 GT and still do 55mpg! I think 65mpg is a bit of a wild claim for the 100bhp model as I have never seen more than 58mpg before it was re-mapped.
After the re-map it is on par with my friends Fabia VRS which are very quick just to give you an idea, for a 1.5 DCI it really is a superb engine!!

Black Clio GT
vauxhall diesels are the best car/van our company fleet use!!

my astra van has the 1.7 engine and has 117k on it (3 years old in sept and has never let me down) regularly get 650 miles to 45 quid :)