ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 Ph1

Honda & VW
Hi guys

currently thinking about getting myself a little runabout, something cheap and cheerful on tax/insurance maintenance.

found a tidy little 1.4 Ph1 Sport today, only an 8V is that right?

anything to look out for on these, had 3 Clio's in the past but all were 1*2's

any info on these little ones would be gratefully received

Honda & VW
The one I've seen is on 90k but I'll barely be putting 200 miles per month on it.
surely head gasket isn't that expensive to fix?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Good engines but headgaskets do fail on abused ones. Really easy to get the head off and change though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Every one i've had have had idle control valve problems, but an hour of your time and a can of brake cleaner sorts the problem.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Had mine from circa 25000 miles to about 98000. 3 of those miles were gently driven, every other one was flat out, engine was still good when I sold it but gearbox was on its way tbh. I loved it, great fun wee car but my 172s get the same mpg!

Honda & VW
Mpg does bother me as it won't get that much use, as long as its low on insurance and tax I'm happy.
shame I can't get something quick that tick those 2 boxes